What is Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Conference?Edit
Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Conference is a gathering of the Bengali Wikimedia Community. Anyone interested in Wikimedia is welcome to participate in Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Conference, which is scheduled to be held from 9-10 January in Kolkata.The Conference Kolkata is the first regional Wikimedia conference of its kind in the India. Conference India’s program will be devoted to topics concerning the Wikimedia movement in the India, as well as related topics of free culture and digital rights. The Conference will feature a diverse array of conference offerings such as keynotes, presentations, panels, and workshop sessions; provide a lounge space and break areas for conference attendees to gather and mingle.
Where in Kolkata is Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Conference taking place?Edit
Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Conference will take place in Jadavpur University, Kolkata from 9-10 January, 2015. The location can be viewed on Google Maps here.
Who can participate?Edit
Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Conference is open to all participants, regardless of previous level of involvement with Wikipedia or the Wikimedia projects. We welcome the curious, the skeptical, and others wishing to engage in meaningful conversation about the Wikimedia movement in the India, free culture and digital rights, advocacy and outreach, community building, and technology.
Who is organizing Bengali Wikipedia 10th Anniversary Conference?Edit
Bengali/Kolkata Wikimedia Community. For more details, write to conference-bn10wikimedia.in
What programs are being organized for Conference?Edit
Apart from the inaugural ceremony, presentations and informal gatherings, we have a lot more in store for you! You can look up the schedule for details.
Will I get a certificate of participation?Edit
No. However, you will be given a letter of participation on request.
How can I participate?Edit
To participate, you have to register your name and provide relevant details here.
Will the details I provide on the registration form be made public?Edit
No. All details provided by the registrants on the registration form will be private and accessed only by the organizers.
Whether there is any scholarships available to participate the conferenceEdit
For detail queries, please visit Scholarships.
Tips for filling up the registration formEdit
- Please be sure that the details you give us are true and accurate.
- E-mail id should be filled up in English only. Ensure that this id is in use. You will receive an e-mail soon after you register online which contains your registration number and Ticket. Please make sure to quote your order/ticket number in all further correspondences with the organizing committee.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- If you have indicated in the registration form that the mode of payment: "OFFLINE" (which is transferring the fee directly to the Wikimedia volunteer in your district). You will have to hand over the fee to the concerned volunteer within 3 days of registration. Otherwise your registration will be cancel after Five days.
How much is the registration fee?Edit
Registration entitles you to entry for two days of the conference, meals during the conference hours
Early bird offer
Individual = 400 (+ 50 Processing Fee) = 450
The early bird offer will end on 30th of November 2014. Those registering after 30 November will have to pay INR 550.
- Individual = 500 (+ 50 Processing Fee) = 550
Students  = 200 (+ 35 Processing Fee) = 235
- Wikimedia Chapter Member = 200 (+ 35 Processing Fee) = 235
The early bird offer will end on 30th of November 2014. Those registering after 30 November will have to pay INR 500.
For offline registration, the processing fee is not required.
- : there may be some programs open only to certain audience such as Wikimedia Chapter members.
- : We will accept 50 student on first come first basis from Offline/Online Registration.
How can I pay the registration fee?Edit
There are three ways by which you can pay the registration fee :
- Online registration
- Pay the conference fee directly cash to Wikimedia volunteer of your district.
Will food be provided?Edit
- All registered participants would be provided with meals during the conference hours.
Will accommodation be provided?Edit
- Those requiring private accommodation should bear the expenses oneself. Dormitory accommodation will be provided free of cost to all scholarship participants at Jadavpur University Guest house .
- The organizing committee will consider requests from participants who want to book accommodation at nearby hotels.
- Queries regarding accommodation may be directed to conference-bn10wikimedia.in
Should I bring a laptop/Tab/I-pad?Edit
Not necessarily. But if you own one of these, it would be good to carry it with you. WiFi internet would be available at the conference venue. There would be workshops to facilitate the participants to edit Wikimedia projects. To participate in online sessions, it is imperative that you bring a laptop or a mobile device.