Feel free to ask for terms on the talk page, or to add more terms and improve the definitions.
|A · B · C · D · E · F · G · H · I · J · K · L · M · N · O · P · Q · R · S · T · U · V · W · X · Y · Z|
- abstract (英語： abstract)
- AbstractText (英語： AbstractText)
- prototype implementation of the Wikifunctions idea.
- abstract content (英語： abstract content)
- see content.
- Abstract Wikipedia (英語： Abstract Wikipedia)
- preliminary name of all the Content that can be used by local Wikipedias to render an article in natural language; currently proposed to live in Wikidata next to the corresponding Item, but that will be discussed before Part P2 of the development project.
- alias (英語： alias)
- an alternative label for an object, used foremost to find the object.
- article (英語： article)
- a page in the main namespace of Wikipedia, usually representing one entry in Wikipedia.
- builtin (英語： builtin)
- a native implementation of a function that is provided by the evaluator and that is not editable through the wiki interface.
- call (英語： call)
- see function call. In English, the term invoke or invocation may also be used.
- canonical, canonicalized, canonicalised (英語： canonical, canonicalized, canonicalised)
- a specific, less verbose and thus more readable way to represent ZObjects in JSON; it is the usual representation ZObjects are stored in Wikifunctions. This is opposed to normal.
- car (英語： car)
- alternative name of head; see CAR and CDR in Wikipedia. See also cdr.
- cdr (英語： cdr)
- alternative name for tail; see CAR and CDR in Wikipedia. See also car.
- character (英語： character)
- a character as defined by Unicode, a constituent of a String; a character can consist of several bytes (or octets).
- composition (英語： composition)
- a form of implementation of a function, where the implementation is given by the combination of other functions; see Function model.
- composition notation (英語： composition notation)
- an easy-to-read notation for compositions; see Function model.
- concrete (英語： concrete)
- in a specific natural language. The opposite of abstract.
- cons (英語： cons)
- a function to create a new list by adding an element at the top of it; see phab:T261474. See cons in Wikipedia.
- constructor (英語： constructor)
- an abstract building block of content; a constructor aims to capture the meaning of a single phrase or sentence structure and often has slots that can take other constructors, and can itself be used as a value to fill the slots of other constructors.
- content, abstract content (英語： content, abstract content)
- abstract representation of a text or text fragment, assembled from constructors. Technically, an instantiated constructor. The top level constructor is used to represent a whole article and stored in Abstract Wikipedia, but content can be also for just a sentence or phrase. Sometimes called abstract content.
- eneyj (英語： eneyj)
- error (英語： error)
- a type whose instances indicate problems in evaluation or validation; see Function model.
- evaluator (英語： evaluator)
- a piece of software that takes a ZObject and evaluates it, that is executes a Function and returns the result. We envision the development of several evaluators. Evaluators may be implemented and run in the browser, on the server of the Wikimedia Foundation, in the cloud, in an app on a mobile device, or other places. Compare to executor and orchestrator.
- executor (英語： executor)
- function (英語： function)
- the specification of a computation that takes some input and returns output; see Function (computer science) in Wikipedia.
- function call (英語： function call)
- A function call is a ZObject consisting of a function and the required arguments for the function, and can be evaluated to another ZObject. In English, the term "invoke" may also be used.
- function model (英語： function model)
- see Function model.
- functional (英語： functional)
- short for "purely functional", meaning that the evaluation of such a function has no side-effects and is deterministic, that is always the same; see Purely functional programming in Wikipedia; see Function model.
- generic type (英語： generic type)
- a type generated by evaluation of a function call.
- identity (英語： identity)
- The identity of a type is an instance of (specific) function that evaluates to the type. For a simple type, it is a reference to the type itself.
- implementation (英語： implementation)
- a particular way to execute a function. An implementation may be a piece of code in a certain programming language, refer to functionality “built into” the evaluator, or combine calls to other functions. A function may have many implementations, which should all be equivalent. Short for "ZFunction implementation".
- instance (英語： instance)
- Every ZObject is an instance of its type.
- invoke (英語： invoke)
- synonym for call in English. See function call.
- item (英語： item)
- an entry in Wikidata's knowledge base; see Item in the Wikidata glossary.
- JSON (英語： JSON)
- a widely used data serialization; see JSON in Wikipedia.
- label (英語： label)
- main name given to identify a ZObject. May only be plain text.
- lexeme (英語： lexeme)
- an entry in Wikidata storing lexicographic knowledge about, roughly, a word; see Lexeme in the Wikidata glossary.
- linearizer (英語： linearizer)
- a function to convert a ZObject to a string. The opposite of parser.
- list (英語： list)
- a data type that groups an arbitrary number of instances in an ordered entity; see List (abstract data type) in Wikipedia.
- literal (英語： literal)
- a value that is not a ZObject. Currently the only accepted literal is string.
- local Wikipedia (英語： local Wikipedia)
- a Wikipedia in a specific language, such as Hebrew Wikipedia, Japanese Wikipedia, or Italian Wikipedia.
- natural language (英語： natural language)
- a specific natural language in the wider sense, such as English, Tagalog, or Swahili; see Natural language in Wikipedia.
- normal (英語： normal)
- an extended, easily processable and very uniform way to represent ZObjects in JSON. This is opposed to canonical.
- nothing (英語： nothing)
- a data type that can have no instances; see Bottom type in Wikipedia.
- object (英語： object)
- orchestrator (英語： orchestrator)
- a service that takes a ZObject and returns an evaluated version of it. To do this it will make calls to the wiki for other ZObjects it needs, to the executor to evaluate some function calls, and other services such as Wikidata. See the service documentation. Compare to evaluator and executor.
- page (英語： page)
- a wiki consists of a number of individual pages, which can be edited independently.
- parser (英語： parser)
- a function to convert a string to a ZObject. The opposite of linearizer.
- pair (英語： pair)
- a compound ZObject that contains two ZObjects of specific (but arbitrary) type.
- Part P1 (英語： Part P1)
- the part of the development project that deals with creating Wikifunctions. It starts at the beginning of the project and goes on throughout its whole lifetime; see Part P1: Wikifunctions.
- Part P2 (英語： Part P2)
- the part of the development project that deals with creating Abstract Wikipedia. It starts after about a year in the project and goes on throughout the second half of its lifetime; see Part P2: Abstract Wikipedia.
- persistent (英語： persistent)
- a ZObject with a ZID and with its own page in the wiki. Most persistent ZObjects will include values that are ZObjects with no ZID, and are therefore not persistent.
- property (英語： property)
- used to make a statement about an Item in Wikidata's knowledge base; see Property in the Wikidata glossary.
- quote (英語： quote)
- a data structure that is not to be evaluated but kept verbatim.
- reference (英語： reference)
- an ID denoting the underlying object. For example, the string "Z11" refers to the Type Z11/Monolingual text.
- Note： This term has a completely different meaning than on Wikidata; see Reference (computer science) in Wikipedia.
- renderer (英語： renderer)
- a function that gets a content and an identifier for a natural language as an input and returns text in that natural language as output, representing the content as concrete text, using knowledge from lexemes.
- reify (英語： reify)
- a function that deconstructs an object into its constituent parts so that the parts can be individually accessed; see Reification in Wikipedia; see phab:T261474.
- REPL (英語： REPL)
- a Read / Eval / Print - Loop, a command line interface that takes some input, evaluates it, and displays the result; see REPL in Wikipedia; see Function model.
- serialization (英語： serialization)
- Ways to represent ZObjects in JSON; see also canonical, normal.
- statement (英語： statement)
- used to provide knowledge about an Item in Wikidata's knowledge base; see Statement in the Wikidata glossary.
- string (英語： string)
- a sequence of characters.
- sum type (英語： sum type)
- a type that can have instances of any of its constituent types; see Sum type in Wikipedia; see Function model.
- tail (英語： tail)
- a list without its first element. Also known as cdr. The first element is known as head or car. See phab:T261474.
- tester (英語： tester)
- a way to automatically determine if a given ZFunction is doing the right thing. A function will typically have multiple testers, each specifying some input to the function and conditions the output for the given input must fulfil. For example, testers for a “title case” function might include: “abc” should become “Abc”; “war and peace” should become “War and Peace”; “война и мир” should become “Война и мир”; and “123” should remain “123”.
- transient (英語： transient)
- Opposite of persistent.
- type (英語： type)
- a type defines the conditions for a ZObject to be a valid instance of this type, by providing a function that validates a ZObject. Types are ZObjects themselves, so that contributors of Wikifunctions can create new types.
- wiki (英語： wiki)
- a web site that allows for the easy and collaborative editing of its pages.
- Wikidata (英語： Wikidata)
- a project of the Wikimedia Foundation, a free, collaboratively edited knowledge base; see Wikidata.
- Wikifunctions (英語： Wikifunctions)
- new project of the Wikimedia Foundation; a free, collaboratively developed and maintained catalog of functions. It was initially known as Wikilambda in the original proposal (that name is now used for the WikiLambda extension).
- WikiLambda (英語： WikiLambda)
- the software used to power the project, Extension:WikiLambda.
- Wikimedia Foundation (英語： Wikimedia Foundation)
- organization that supports the Wikimedia movement; see Wikimedia Foundation.
- Wikipedia (英語： Wikipedia)
- a project of the Wikimedia Foundation, a free, collaboratively edited encyclopedia; see Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia, Abstract (英語： Wikipedia, Abstract)
- see Abstract Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia, multilingual (英語： Wikipedia, multilingual)
- see multilingual Wikipedia.
- ZID (英語： ZID)
- an ID starting with the letter Z and followed by a natural number. Used to identify persistent ZObjects.
- ZFunction (英語： ZFunction)
- a wiki page on Wikifunctions that describes a particular function that can be used through the evaluator. Each ZFunction can be realised in code by one or more Implementations, and said implementations can be verified as correct by one or more Tester ZFunctions.
- ZKey (英語： ZKey)
- a ZObject defining a key for a particular type.
- ZList (英語： ZList)
- a ZObject for an ordered sequence of other ZObjects.
- ZObject (英語： ZObject)
- every entry in Wikifunctions is a ZObject. ZObjects stored in Wikifunctions have ZIDs and can be of numerous types, such as Constructors, Functions, Types, etc. A ZObject consists of a set of Key/Value pairs, with each Key appearing only once per ZObject and Values being ZObjects.