Find an event
Plan an event
Share your experiences
Get the word out
Branding and marks
Impact around the world
This Wikipedia 15 meta page was an initial framework the global Wikimedia community could use to coordinate around the 15th birthday of Wikipedia.
Find some interesting facts about Wikipedia's first 15 years.
This space served as:
- A space to organize and plan events and meetups locally to celebrate the 15th;
- Tips and inspiration on how to organize and run an event;
- A place to share birthday photos, videos, stories, favorite articles, and more;
- A collection of tips for pitching to local media.
- Readers were encouraged to tweet with the hashtag #Wikipedia15.
Find an event near youEdit
Central America - North America - South America - Africa - Asia - Australia - Europe - Online events
Bosnia and Herzegovina
United Arab Emirates
- Bashkort Wikipedia - Wikimarathon, Start - December 15, 2015, finish - January 15, 2016
- Bengali Wikipedia - Good Article Writing Competition
- The Wikipedia Library - International Librarian Reference Drive #1Lib1Ref
- Wikimedia Italia - "Wiki Loves Monuments for Wikipedia" Contest
- Wiki Loves Women Writing Contest - 15 days to create (at least) 15 notable African women biographies ! (in English and in French) - (starts on the 15th)
- Translation Studies edit-a-thon - 15-22 January
- Wikipedia in Your Neighborhood - Online Editathon on Urdu Wikipedia to create and improve articles pertaining to Urdu Wikipedians' immediate surrounding environment. Also, call for uploading notable images on Wikimedia Commons pertaining to Wikipemians' immediate surrounding environment. The event runs up to the end of week ending January 17, 2016.
- Wikipedia in Your Vicinity - Online Editathon on Hindi Wikipedia to create and improve articles pertaining to Hindi Wikipedians' immediate surrounding environment. Also, call for uploading notable images on Wikimedia Commons pertaining to Wikipemians' immediate surrounding environment. The event runs up to the end of week ending January 17, 2016.