A wiki workshop organised at SUPSI in Switzerland 3-6 April 2017 (with a meeting the 3rd, 14:00-15:00). This workshop is developed in the frame of the project Wikipedia Primary School.
- how to contribute to Wikidata to contribute to fill knowledge gaps or to create playlists to trigger new content on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects?
- how to monitor the uploads and content we contributed to? Is there a way to produce a tool capable of monitoring changes about a topic or field?
- how to represent and exhibit the Wikimedia projects, Wikidata and their knowledge and knowledge gaps?
- Wikidata is the best tool to trace what is available on the wikimedia projects.
- Playlists (based on existing sources) are an efficient tool to acknowledge notability and to trigger the production of new content in specific topic area (i.e. Africa, African women).
- Brainstorming about an exhibition or communication project about the Wikimedia projects, Wikidata and their knowledge and knowledge gaps. The brainstorming is meant to design a new design project.
- Uploads of content on Wikidata to create playlists.
- Visualizations of content uploaded and comparison before-after.
- Tool or definition of a potential tool to compare before-after on a specific topic.
Skills to gain during the workshop:
- uploading content on Wikidata
- extrapolating data from Wikidata
- confronting data from Wikidata and other databases
- visualizations based on Wikidata
Atelier of Master of Advanced Studies in Interaction Design, Building A, level -1.
University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Southern Switzerland SUPSI
Campus Trevano, Canobbio, Switzerland
- Leading the workshop: Dr. Serena Cangiano (Dr. Iolanda Pensa, principal investigator of the overall project)
- Participants: Marco Lurati, Fabian Frei, Giovanni Profeta, Dr. Iolanda Pensa, Florence Devouard (online).