Working and convening remotely/Live stream a Zoom meeting
You can stream a Zoom Meeting or Webinar live on YouTube. This allows participants to join your meeting via Zoom to view it and comment on it via YouTube. During the live event, there will be an approximate 20-second delay between the actual Zoom Meeting or Webinar, and the Live stream. Please see Working and convening remotely/Zoom for instructions on how to use Zoom.
Note: Those viewing on YouTube can only comment via YouTube, and can not interact directly with other webinar attendees, the same goes for webinar attendees as well.
Streaming a Meeting or Webinar to a YouTube EventEdit
- Enable Custom Live Streaming in the Meeting settings.
- Open a new tab and Sign In to your YouTube account.
- Click the Create a Video icon.
- Click Go Live.
- Choose your YouTube Streaming Event:
- Stream: Allows you to create a new streaming event.
- Manage: Allows you to choose from a streaming event that has already been scheduled.
- Copy and paste the Stream Key. Stream URL, and Live Streaming page URL from the Stream's settings into your Custom Meeting or Webinar Live Stream Setup. Note: The Live Streaming page URL, can be found, by clicking the share arrow in the YouTube Event, and copying the link there.
- Click Save.
- Start your Zoom meeting or webinar when you are ready to begin the event.
- Click More (3 dots) in the Meeting Controls.
- Click Live on Custom Live Streaming Service.
- Once Zoom has started the live stream, back in the YouTube Studio Dashboard, click Go Live.