The Wikisource Community User Group (WCUG) — together with Wikimedia Österreich (WMAT) and Wikimedia Italia (WMIT) — host
the first international Wikisource Conference from November 20 to 22, 2015 in Vienna, Austria.
The aim is to strenghten and grow the Wikisource communities by
- empowering volunteers who want to run or activate dormant communities (like WS-ES)
- showcasing tools, projects, experiences in order to learn from one another
- fostering exchange with chapters representatives to discuss projects that can be done now
- creating a sense of belonging in the sparse international community
- transferring the “WCUG representative role” to more volunteers, brief them
- inviting other possible partners like Europeana, Internet Archive, Project Gutenberg, and GLAMs professionals.