Wikipedians of Tyva User Group
Wikipedians of Tyva (Tyvan Тываның википедистери, Russian Группа участников-википедистов Республики Тыва) is a group of people interested in Wikimedia projects in the Tyvan and topics related to the people, culture and community of the Tyva Republic.
The Wikipedia in Tyvan begins systematically grow in 2012. In order to attract new users, develop new Wikipedia editions in the languages of indigenous peoples, and increase the knowledge about the Tyva Republic, its people in all languages of the world, we decided to register this group.
The Tyva RepublicEdit
Our group is primarily dedicated to supporting and developing the Tyvan language in the the Tyva Republic of the Russian Federation. We are also open to supporting projects in other geographically, culturally and historically close regions.
- Promotion of Wikipedia edition in the Tyvan language;
- Promotion of topics related to the Tyvan language, culture and communities in the wiki projects in different languages;
- Engagement of new people into the Wikimedia movement, especially in the Tyva Republic;
- Cooperating with local authorities, organizations and individuals to receive grants and other materials to promote free knowledge.
- Organizing wikimeetups, regional seminars, wiki-clubs etc.;
- Promoting Wikipedia and other Wikimedia projects within the Tyva Repbulic;
- Organizing article and photo contests and thematic weeks;
- Joining projects organized and promoted by Wikimedia RU (Wikimedia chapter in Russia) and Wikimedia Foundation (first goal is to take part in CEE Spring 2020).
Plan of eventsEdit
Criteria for joining the groupEdit
Any user, regardless of his language, can join the user group if he shares the goals of the Wikimedia Movement (promoting of free knowledge) and has an interest in the tyvan-related theme. Please contact our membership team by email or using their talk page of any Wikimedia project in which these users are active.
Designated Contacts for Wikimedia FoundationEdit
Interested in participatingEdit
- --Erzianj jurnalist (talk) 09:55, 13 August 2020 (UTC)
- --Soul Train (talk) 13:48, 20 September 2020 (UTC)
- --Nachyn Kongaa 23:50, 24 July 2021 (UTC)