Wikimedia Costa Rica
Our goal is to actively contribute to the diffusion, improvement and progress of the knowledge and culture in the Costa Rica territory, especially thorough the promotion and support of the projects hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation.
Mission and Vision
The major aim of Wikimedistas de Costa Rica may be described as follows:
- To promote the use of Wikimedia projects.
- To advocate Free culture to the general public in Costa Rica.
- To encourage the freedom of artistic and literary creations.
- To advocate the correct understanding in intellectual properties.
- To advocate the exchange and dissemination of academic knowledge.
Wikimedistas de Costa Rica will launch different kinds of activities and events on relevant topic, independently or collaborating with local endeavors, to achieve the aim above.
In the news
- Usuarios de Wikimedia celebran reuniones formales en Costa Rica y México (March 5th, 2014), by PetrohsW.
Attendees to the first meetup.
Wikimedistas de Costa Rica is an association composed of different members with a common goal: the promotion of free knowledge. If you want to be a part of us, contact us.