Wikimedians of arab User Group
User Group > Wikimedia AR User Group
One of its core missions is to aid and encourage people to collect, develop and disseminate knowledge and other educational, cultural and historic content in the public domain or under a license that allows everyone to freely use, distribute and modify said content without the payment of royalties.
If you are interested to join the user group add your name to this list:
- منير توزري
- Ayoub Fajraoui
- Hamed Gamaoun
- علاء فحصي
- Ovva olfa
- أحمد ناجي
Roles the User Group plays
- To represent the Wikimedia Foundation to the in the arab world.
- To promote Wikimedia projects and free content in general and to encourage the use of Wikimedia resources in education (primary, secondary and tertiary levels).
- To recruit technically and non-technically minded people to participate to Wikimedia projects. This may involve some education on the use of Mediawiki software.
- Organisation of conventions, conferences, meetings, workshops, contests, etc.
- With a local group, research should be easier. The group works together to gather information on a range of topics not currently covered.
- organizing a meeting every two months, to discussing the activities of the users group
- Organize Wikipedia arabe Day
- Coordinate Wiki Loves contests in Arabic countries, and organize this contests in new countries
- WikiArabia Bootcamp
- Online and offline workshops abouts wikipedia projects
Kindly send your emails to Wikiar-llists.wikimedia.org and you will be contacted as soon as possible by a member.
You can subscribe to our mailing list Wikiar-llists.wikimedia.org, here.
You can also join us on our discussion page to post a message