Wikimedians of Bulgaria/2015
- Report for 2015 approved on 19 December 2015
- Small additions made until 5 January 2016.
Internal coordination and supportEdit
- Participation in the CEE Spring article contest
- Participation and support in the organization of the Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015 (10–13 September 2015)
- Co-organization of the Wiki Expedition Dimitrovgrad - Dragoman 2015 with Wikimedia Serbia (2–4 October 2015)
- Contributing to the Facebook group Central Eastern European Wikimedia Community
Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves MonumentsEdit
In 2015, for the first time, Bulgarian wiki community took part in the two photo contests, Wiki Loves Earth (initiated in 2013 in Ukraine) and Wiki Loves Monuments (initiated 2011 in the Netherlands).
Participation in regional and global Wikimedia eventsEdit
- Wikimedia Central and Eastern Europe Meeting'2014, Kiev, Ukraine – Spiritia, Лорд Бъмбъри, VladislavNedelev
- 10-12 April 2015: GLAM-WIKI 2015, The Hague, Netherlands – VladislavNedelev
- 15-17 May 2015: Wikimedia Conference 2015, Berlin, Germany – Лорд Бъмбъри
- 1 Lightning talk on #100wikidays.
- 15-19 July 2015: Wikimania 2015, Mexico City, Mexico – Spiritia, Dimi z
- Report: Grants:TPS/Spiritia/Wikimania/2015/Report
- 3 Talks: "100wikidays: Some boasting, moaning and inside humour" and "The Wiki Educator’s Survival Kit: Some Tried and Tested Teaching Experiences from Bulgaria" (undelivered due to change in the programme), The Twilight of EU Copyright Reform, or, How to reform with a hammer
- Support for the panel Pitfalls, Protocols and Prior Planning: a Panel on Making the Most of the Education Program together with Anna Koval
- 31 July - 2 August 2015: CEE WikiCamp 2015, Skopje, Macedonia – Ilikeliljon, Спасимир
- 10-13 September 2015: Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2015, Voore, Estonia – Лорд Бъмбъри, Spiritia, Dimi z
- Report: https://blog.wikimedia.bg/2015/09/17/wmcee-2015-impressions/
- 7 Talks: "Category Master" gadget, "You talkin' to me(dia)?", "Roadmap to designing a wiki education course", 100wikidays, The ABCD of Storytelling (together with Amanda from WMF), 50 First Dates, File:The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.pdf
- 26-27 September 2015: Thesswiki, Thessaloniki, Greece – Алиса Селезньова, Мико
- Wikiprojects, organized/mentored by Wikimedians
- New Bulgarian University, "Online media and PR" Justine Toms
- Public lectures in educational institutions
- 14 May 2015, University of Library Sciences and IT, Sofia - with students of Dr. Plamena Popova
- 20-21 November 2015: Gabrovo Technical University, Everything you wanted to know about Wikipedia (and there was no one to ask), with attendants of the IEEE Young Professionals Bulgaria Panel at the International Conference "UNITECH"
- Two lectures in Uwekind Private School, Sofia:
- 1st Wiki Education Workshop in Sofia, 8 September 2015
- Participants: Anna Koval, Manager, Wikipedia Education Program, Wikimedia Foundation, Spiritia (wiki mentor and teacher), Maymay (wiki mentor), Laveol (wiki mentor and assistant), Justine Toms (New Bulgarian University), Katerina Zareva (Educational and Environmental Centre at Sofia Zoo), Plamena Popova (University of Library Sciences and Information Technologies).
- Collecting and sharing our expertise
- Bulgarian Archives State Agency
- Progress report for 2015 - 4400 + new documents uploaded
- Two meetings with the newly appointed director, Assoc. Prof. Mihail Gruev
- International contest: Archives Challenge (15 Nov - 15 Dec)
- Sofia Zoo
- Katerina Zareva, Head of the Environmental and Educational Centre at Sofia Zoo gave a presentation at the European Zoo Educators Conference, March 9-12 2015, Lisbon, Portugal
- She was the Bulgaria representative in the international jury of Wiki Loves Earth 2015 (Interview with her for our blog, in Bulgarian)
- Wildlife Society "Balkani"
- Supported in the organization of the Bulgarian part of the Wiki Expedition Dimitrovgrad - Dragoman 2015
- Uploaded videos of camera-traps
- Numismatic Society
- Media outreach
- Public lectures/discussions
- 28 April 2015, Sofia: Centre for Culture and Debate "The Red House" (record of the talk)
- 1 June 2015, Sofia: Presentation "New Media / Wikipedia / Free culture: The Wikipedian perspective" for participants in the New Media Summer School, part of the EURODIG project
- 24 October 2015, Sofia: Presentation of Wikipedia and a Contributor's involvement in it, part of AFK ("Away from the Keyboard") event.
- Grants:Learning patterns/Volunteers versus journalists: the evergreen questions
- Endorsed by two persons. Linked from L&E Newsletter / Volume 2 / Issue 6 / October 2015
- Grants:Learning patterns/Volunteers versus journalists: top-of-mind considerations
- Endorsed by one person. Linked from Communications/Movement Communications Skills.
- Grants:Learning patterns/Annual Wikimedia CEE meeting: drafting the programme
- Grants:Learning patterns/Annual Wikimedia CEE meeting: facilitator's toolbox
Plans for 2016Edit
- New GLAM collaborations
- Prepared to officially launch collaborations with:
- Will work on starting collaborations with:
- Education Programme
- Evaluation of the hands-on experience with the students from the "Online Media and PR" course 2015/2016
- Will try to reach the school students audience
- Will try to reach the teachers audience (training the trainers)
- Organization and participation in Wikimedia community events
- Community wiki meetings and wiki seminars. We're also open for cross-border wiki expeditions with our neighbours.
- Organizing and participating in the local 2016's editions of Wiki Loves Earth, Wiki Loves Monuments, CEE Spring, Archives Challenge and other content creation competitions
- Applications for participation in Wikimania 2016, Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2016 and other Wikimedia events
- Participation in Wikipedia Education Collaborative Meeting - Stockholm, 5-6 March 2016 (invited participant: Vassia)
- Contributing to new and existing learning patterns about good practices
- Media relations
- Organization of events
- Wiki education
- Software system messages, campaigns, etc.
- Brochures (e.g. File:Wikimedia GLAM Help Booklet.pdf, File:WMUK GLAM booklet 2014.pdf and/or en:Template:Wiki Education Foundation brochures)
- Wikipedia Education extension
- Application for funding
- Application for a WMF-funded Event Grant, related to our ongoing collaboration with the Bulgarian Archives State Agency