Wikimedians of Slovakia
Wikimedians of Slovakia User Group, in Slovak Wikimedia Slovensko, abbreviation WUG WMSK (between 2011 and May 2018 known as Wikimedia Slovakia) is a Wikimedia User Group with mission to support the Wikimedia movement in Slovakia as described in the bylaw. The intention of active members of WUG WMSK is to develop the organisation to Wikimedia Chapter.
|Wikimedians of Slovakia|
|Approval date||25 June 2018|
We have organised number of competitions, presentations, speeches (not only in Slovakia), trainings, meetings (including Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2013), some small projects and participated on various Wikimedia conferences. We are collaborating with another Wikimedia organisations and education / open movement organisations, both NGOs and national.
Intentions for Wikimedia SK go back to 2006 but first strong call for founding appeared in beginning of 2011. After nearly 1 year of meetings, brainstormings and consultations with abroad Wikimedians we created core team of founders which formed a temporal board. Wikimedia SK was incorporated in December 2011 and our first general assembly took place in March 2012. On 25 June 2018, Affiliation Committee recognized us as Wikimedia User Group.
For overview of founding process and work see: history
At the general assembly on 4th May 2019 the new Board was elected for a 2-year period.
- Chair: Matej Grochal (Jetam2)
- Vice-chair: Radoslava Semanová (Akdar)
- Vice-chair: Dávid Štefan (Lišiak)
At the general assembly on 4th May 2019 the new Audit committee was elected for a 3-year period.
- Audit Committee
- Wikipedia Asian Month on Slovak Wikipedia (2018, 2019)
- Wikimedia CEE Spring (2015, 2016, 2019)
- Wiki Loves Monuments Slovakia (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019)
- Deň finančnej gramotnosti – article writing contest about finance in 2013 and 2014
- WikiEdit Nežná ’89 – edit-a-thon focused on Velvet Revolution and socialist regime in Czechoslovakia
- WikiEdit Slovenská ľudová kultúra – edit-a-thon focused on Slovak folk culture
- Opravme rakovinu – edit-a-thon focused on cancer
- WikiOnTheRoad – a program to bring wikiprojects closer to the regions and the people
- Wiki pre študentov, študenti pre Wiki – school ambassadorial program
- Wikipedia workshop and Wikimedia talks during w:Conference on the Application of Esperanto in Science and Technology 2012
- Help for E@I about trademarks for offline version of Esperanto Wikipedia
- Collaboration with Slovak Institute of Monuments
- talks about Wikipedia for teachers, in education, for organisations
- request for photos from organisations (see commons:Category:Slatinka)
- organizing the 2013 CEE Meeting