Hello, Wikimedia Norge members and other contributors.
Here is an overview of some of Wikimedia Norge's activities for the next few weeks:
- Wiki Loves Monuments
- Wiki Loves Monuments is starting today, and will last through all of September. All photos of registered cultural heritage in Norway is eligible for the contest – and as usual, there is a writing contest on the Norwegian Bokmål and Nynorsk and Northern Sámi Wikipedias in conjunction with the photo contest. Good luck!
- Virtual wiki meetup
- The next virtual wiki meetup will be on Thursday, October 1st. This time the board chair of Wikimedia Norge, Sigrun Espe, will join us as a guest, and the subject will be the cooperative climate on-wiki. The meet-up will take place on Google Meet as usual, from 17.00 CEST at https://wikitreff.wikimedia.no/. You don't need a Google login to participate. Everyone is welcome and we would like to remind everyone of Wikimedia Norge's safe space policy. See you there!
- Arctic Knot, Wikimedia language conference in Norway
- In the summer of 2021, Wikimedia Norge will organize Arctic Knot 2021. The conference is a continuation of the Celtic Knot series of conferences organized by Wikimedia UK. We are planning for both an in-person and digital conference. The theme will be small languages and the wiki projects.
- For the planning of the conference, we are holding a survey. It's rather short, and we would really appreciate if you would answer it. Thank you!
- Wikipedia turns 20 on January 15th, 2021
- Wikipedia is turning 20! How should it be celebrated? Wikimedia Norge wants to commemorate the occasion in a good way, and we appreciate all ideas related to the celebration! Feel free to write to Mali if you have any good ideas!
Did you forget to pay your membership fees for 2020? You can always re-register on this page.