Wikimedia Foundation elections/Board elections/2011/bs
|Izbori za odbor povjerenika 2011|
Izbori za Odbor povjerenika 2011 godine će biti održan od 29. maja do 12. juna 2011. godine. Članovi Wikimedija zajednice imaju mogućnost da izaberu tri kandidata, koja će biti u toj poziciji sve do 2013. godine. Odbor povjerenika je krajnje nadležno tijelo Wikimedia zadužbine, neprofitne organizacije registrirane u Sjedinjenim Američkim Državama. Ova zadužbina upravlja mnogim projektima poput Wikipedije i Javnim dobrima.
Izbori će biti sigurno održani na serverima koji pripadaju Softveru javnog interesa (SPI). Glasovi su tajni, te niko iz izbornog povjerenstva, Odbora, ili bilo ko drugi ko nije povezan sa Softverom javnog interesa, nema pristupa njima. Informacije o glasačima su jedino vidljive nekolicini osoba koji nadgledaju i evideniraju izbore (izborno povjerenstvo). Glasači podnose rankirane glasove numerisajući kandidate. Glasovi će se biti zbrojeni koristeći Schulze metodu da bi rangirali kandidate na osnovu broja glasova, glasača koji preferiraju tog kandidata u odnosu na druge.
Izborno povjerenstvo će objaviti rezultate na ili prije 15. juna. Detaljni rezultati će biti dostupni.
Informacije za glasačeEdit
Morate glasati sa jednog registrovanog računa na Wikimedija wiki (možete glasati samo jednom, bez obzira koliko računa posjedujete). Da se kvalifikujete, ovaj račun mora da ispuni sljedeće uslove:
- da nije blokiran na više od jednog projekta i
- da račun nije bot i
- da morate imati najmanje 300 uredaka prije 15. aprila 2011 na svim Wikipedijinim članicam (uključuje se i više uredaka sa drugih članaka ako su računi kombinirani u jedan globalni račun) i
- da ste napravili bar 20 izmjena između 15. novembra i 15. maja 2011.
- Razvojni programeri
Razvojni programeri mogu glasati ako:
- Su serverski administratori Wikimedije s shell pristupom; ili
- Have commit access and have made at least one commit between 15 May 2010 and 15 May 2011.
- Staff and contractors
Wikimedia Foundation staff and contractors qualify to vote if they have been employed by the Foundation from 15 February 2011 to 15 May 2011.
- Board members and advisory board members
How to voteEdit
If you are eligible to vote:
- Read the candidate presentations and decide which candidates you will support.
- Go to the wiki page "Special:Securepoll" on one wiki you qualify to vote from. For example, if you are most active on the wiki meta.wikimedia.org, go to meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Securepoll.
- Follow the instructions on that page.
Information for candidatesEdit
Roles and responsibilities as member of the BoardEdit
- From the board manual
The Board of Trustees is the governing authority of the Wikimedia Foundation. Responsibilities of the Board include:
- determining mission, goals, long-term plans and high level policies of WMF and its projects
- selecting the Executive Director of the WMF, who oversees its day-to-day operations, and evaluating his or her performance
- ensuring the sustainability of the organization by defining a number of independent revenue sources
- communicating about the direction and the activities of the WMF to the community
- providing oversight to staff with regard to accounting, budgeting, and programs
- maintaining legal and ethical integrity
- recruiting and orient new trustees
- articulating the mission of the WMF in public
The responsibilities of the Board do not include:
- interfering in day-to-day operations, except in emergencies
- setting Wikimedia project-level editorial policies
- resolving basic community disputes
- volunteering in specific areas of regular WMF organizational work
Characteristics of effective trustees:
- Strategic – e.g., to provide long term direction
- Thoughtful – e.g., to avoid being reactionary to controversial issues
- High integrity – e.g., to put the interests of the foundation as a whole over personal or specific constituent interests
- Responsiveness – e.g., to email requests from other trustees
- Follow through – e.g., to complete tasks such as committee assignments as committed.
- Respectful – e.g., to listen carefully to other trustees' points-of-view even as they may differ from one's own
- Collaborative – e.g., to partner with other trustees and the Executive Director on the Board's work
Prerequisites to candidacyEdit
The eligibility requirements for candidates are the same as for voters (see above), with the following additional requirements:
- you must publicly disclose your real name in your candidate presentation (because the identities of Board members are a matter of public record, it is not possible to hold a position on the Board of Trustees anonymously or under a pseudonym); and
- be at least 18 years old and of legal age in your home country; and
- submit proof of your identity to the Wikimedia Foundation (see below).
How to submit your candidacyEdit
If you are eligible, you can submit your candidacy by doing the following:
- Write a brief summary of no more than 1200 characters stating what you would do if you were elected to the Board of Trustees, your relevant opinions and experience, and anything else you think is relevant. You may not use your candidate summary to link to lists of endorsements or other platform pages, and may not run on a slate with other candidates.
- Submit your summary between 00:00, May 2nd 2011 (UTC) and 23:59, May 22nd 2011 (UTC). After May 22nd, it cannot be changed except for minor corrections (for instance, spell correction) or translation. Any additions or changes to content submitted after this deadline will be time-stamped and presented separately from the original summary, and will only be presented to voters if they get translated into all of the same languages as the original summary. You should note that earlier submissions allow time for translation into more languages, and that submissions provided on the due date or just before may not be as widely translated.
- Submit proof of your identity to the Wikimedia Foundation before May 22nd. You will be privately contacted by a member of the Election Committee with further information about meeting this requirement when you list yourself as a candidate.
Candidates who fail to comply with the above requirements and deadlines will be disqualified.
- 05 April–02 May 2011: primary translations phase.
- 02–22 May 2011: candidate submissions.
- 22 May 2011: deadline to send proof of identity (late or missing submissions will be disqualified).
- 29 May–12 June 2011: elections.
- 13–15 June 2011: vote-checking
- 15 June 2011: publication of results.
To ensure that a representative cross-section of the Wikimedia community takes part in this election, it is important to translate election notices and candidate statements into as many languages as possible. To help translate, please see the translation page.