|This page is currently a draft. More information pertaining to this may be available on the talk page.
Translation admins: Normally, drafts should not be marked for translation.
See File:WMF 20072008 Annual report. high resolution.pdf for the final version of the document.
I'm creating this page as a place where we can start putting together the 2007-08 Wikimedia Foundation annual report. Please feel free to help :-)
- Sue Gardner 01:24, 28 February 2008 (UTC)
- It covers July 1, 2007 to June 30, 2008.
- It's aimed at a general audience: readers, donors, partners, etc.
- Please help fill it in - especially the “Accomplishments” and “Human stories” sections, as well as "Interesting Facts." For Accomplishments, I think the following are the kind of thing we should be looking for: the Wikipedia Academies in South Africa, the launch of “Selection for Schools” with SOS Children UK, the 2mth article in English Wikipedia, etc.
- Good, relevant photos are welcome.
- It’s okay if we end up with too much material; we’ll cull it later.
- We will finalize and officially release the report in fall 2008, once the 2007-08 audit financial statements are ready.
- 1 Message from the Chair of the Board of Trustees
- 2 Message from the Executive Director
- 3 Who We Are and What We Do
- 4 Interesting Facts
- 5 Board of Trustees
- 6 Staff
- 7 Vision, Mission, Values
- 8 Goals
- 9 Key Accomplishments
- 10 Human stories of impact
- 11 Financial Statements
- 12 Donor List
- 13 How you can help
Message from the Chair of the Board of TrusteesEdit
<to come in June; should summarize 07-08 in narrative form, and look ahead to 08-09, from the perspective of the board>
Message from the Executive DirectorEdit
<to come in June; should summarize 07-08 in narrative form, and look ahead to 08-09, from the perspective of the ED>
Who We Are and What We DoEdit
<this should be a fairly brief but comprehensive description of the organization and its activities; should include a brief descriptor of each project plus the logos>
<this should just be kind of fun, I think: some of the many interesting things people may not know about the projects - e.g., number of languages, encyclopedia size comparisons, etc.>
Board of TrusteesEdit
<just names, photos, etc.>
<names, photos, etc., and possibly an org chart>
Vision, Mission, ValuesEdit
<the official text>
<bulleted list of 07-08 goals>
<covering July 1, 2007 to June 30, 2008> <probably should be a bulleted list, or a series of short paragraphs> <should focus on realworld impact tied to our goals: such as, Wikipedia Academies that we staged, or major accomplishments in the projects such as new traffic/content milestones or distribution deals, etc. Should include numbers and other hard data where possible. I think this list should include accomplishments that were purely volunteer-driven; e.g., things done without Foundation staff involvement. I also think chapters should include their accomplishments here if they want.>
Human stories of impactEdit
< I would like to find a better title for this ;-), but the idea is that we should find 3-7 really good stories of how our work has made people’s real lives better; should reflect our values, so for example we should have stories from all over the world, not just North America and Europe>
<this is the piece that will hold up release of the report: usually it’ll mean we can’t finalize until a few months after the fiscal year ends – let’s say, fall 2008)
<some list of major benefactors, I don’t know yet what form this should take or who should be included>
How you can helpEdit
<text or bulleted list laying out the many ways to contribute – e.g., the various types of volunteer help we encourage, how to donate financially, how to partner with us, etc.)