The strategic direction and the 2030 Movement Strategy recommendations represent a significant cultural and structural change for our Movement. Wikimedia Deutschland fully endorses and welcomes this change. We believe that through more equity, diversity, and integration, the Movement will gain knowledge and people, and our relevance and sustainability will grow. We as an organization are looking to support the implementation of the 2030 movement strategy as best we can. For this, we have established a brand new team within our organization: the Movement Strategy and Global Relations team.
Our Team's MissionEdit
Our team aims to lead a gradual change for Wikimedia Deutschland to become a significant driver of growing the global Wikimedia Movement forward in its strategic direction, while fostering the diversity, relevance, and sustainability of WMDE.
Our team is working to help WMDE understand and build its role within movement strategy and the initiatives it can undertake to implement the recommendations. The goal is to
- Build ownership and capacity at WMDE to work globally with diverse stakeholders
- Support development of international partnerships and projects with movement and ecosystem entities and communities
- Represent WMDE at and contribute to movement governance processes and bodies
Who We AreEdit
WMDE's Movement Strategy and Global Relations Team:
- Nicole Ebber, Director Movement Strategy and Global Relations, nicole.ebberwikimedia.de
- Christoph Jackel, Contractor, christoph.jackel_extwikimedia.de
- Anna Rees, Project Assistant, anna.reeswikimedia.de
- Nikki Zeuner, Senior Advisor Global Partnerships, nicola.zeunerwikimedia.de