How to move forwardEdit
- What was this session about?
The session served as an introduction to the grant programs of the Wikimedia Foundation and as an opportunity to connect between possible grant proposal applicants and WMF grant officers.
- What are the next steps to be taken?
No specific nexts steps based on this session.
see the Commons category
- People interested in Project, Rapid, Conference, and Simple Annual Plan Grants.
- Session Format
- Presentation with small group discussions for each grant type.
- 60 min
An introduction to Wikimedia Foundation grants programs, especially focused on new programs launched since 2016: Rapid Grants, Project Grants, Conference Grants, and Simple Annual Plan Grants. Learn which program is the best fit for your projects, where to get more information and who to talk to. There will be time to discuss in small groups and ask specific questions from the respective program officers.
- Desired Outcome
- Participants, especially people new to the WMF grants programs, understand:
- What each grant program offers
- Which one is the best fit for your needs
- How to apply
- Who to talk to about next steps.
- Next Steps and Milestones
- Participants should follow-up by reading the grants resources online and reaching out to the appropriate Program Officer for next steps to fund their projects.
There is no transcript of the session, but the slides are pretty self explanatory.