Wikimedia Conference 2017/Program/20
20: Partnerships Clinic: Warning signs and how to deal with themEdit
How to move forwardEdit
- What was this session about?
This session was about recognizing issues (‘red flags’) in partnerships between Wikimedia affiliates/communities and external partners. In a next step, groups worked on possible solutions for these red flags.
- What are the next steps to be taken?
There is no direct next step planned for this session, but on a more general level the idea is to continue discussing the topic in other venues, on-wiki and offline. Reinforce the "Partnerships group" and encourage to continue the conversation within that group.
- Everyone interested in (external) partnerships
- Session Format
- 60 min
- We will share examples of warning signs that signal your partnerships may be in trouble, and discuss how to address them. We will focus on some of the red flags that lead to an unhealthy partnership such as:
- Unrealistic goals
- Lack of clear purpose
- Lack of communication We will also hear about a few real examples from our affiliates. We will present problem scenarios and encourage groups of attendees to come up with exit strategies solutions
- Desired Outcome
- The audience will recognize when a partnership is in trouble, learn how to address it during program design, and be aware of exit strategies to deal with such situations.
- Next Steps and Milestones
- Continue discussing the topic in other venues, on-wiki and offline. Reinforce the "Partnerships group" and encourage to continue the conversation within that group.
- Jorge Vargas (WMF) + Anna Torres (WMAR)
As the session was a workshop, there are no direct results/outcomes to be shared. The work of 2 (of the 3) groups was digitized and integrated into the slide deck (Slides 19 + 20)