Date and time
April 20-21, 2016 for the pre-conference workshop, April 22–24, 2016 core conference dates.
The Wikimedia Conference 2016, taking place in Berlin from Friday, April 22, through Sunday, April 24, is an annual meeting of all Wikimedia organizations (Wikimedia chapters, thematic organizations, user groups, and the Wikimedia Foundation), as well as other committees to discuss the future of the Wikimedia movement in terms of collaboration, structures and organizational development. This conference is hosted and organized by Wikimedia Deutschland (WMDE) in cooperation with the Wikimedia Foundation (WMF).
July / August 2015
- communication of the conference date (via mailing lists, Meta, and during Wikimania)
- publication of the improved program planning process, incl. call to action, clear leadership, and process facilitation
- work on and publish rough program themes and goals including participant structure/number of representatives; taking into account the input of thematic ambassadors of the WMCON15 follow-up process and gather input from Wikimedia affiliates, WMF and committees
- call to select affiliates’ representatives according to program themes (including an organizational briefing “How to choose the right representative”)
December - January 15, 2016
- registration period (hard deadline, no exceptions)
- program design process
- start the concrete program planning process by defining goals and desired outcomes
January 15, 2016 - April 2016
- travel management
- visa management
- program design process (to be completed)
- further work on goals and desired outcomes
- involve participants, consider their needs and experiences when creating the program
- publication of a session outline
- agree upon concrete speakers (Wikimedia/external), brief the speakers
- create material for preparation
- design the session formats
- finalize the schedule
April 20-24, 2016
Have a blast!
After the conference
Follow-Up, build bridges to other conferences like Wikimania, CEE meeting etc.