વિકિમીડિયા સમૂદાય સભ્ય સમૂહ મલેશિયા
સમૂદાય સભ્ય સમૂહ
|Approval date||૧૦ સપ્ટેમ્બર ૨૦૧૭|
|Volunteers||8 (core members)|
|Official language(s)||English, Malay|
|Other language(s)||Chinese, Tamil|
Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia (MYS) is a Wikimedia user group for people living in, interested in or connected to Malaysia and also its relations/connections to the neighboring countries and around the world. You can read a pamphlet of our key information.
We support the goals of the Wikimedia Foundation, including the work of volunteers on Wikimedia projects as well as numerous other free knowledge initiatives. Our aim is to support, promote, and educate the general public about the availability and use of free and open educational content, which includes the ability to access, develop and contribute to Wikimedia projects. Our medium language is English (en) and/or Malay (ms), but we are also trying to expand the usage of Mandarin (zh), Cantonese (zh-yue) and Tamil (ta) languages, and probably one of the indigenous language of Malaysia.
In the event of discrepancy of information between the other language versions of this page, the English version of this Malaysia user group shall prevail. The Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia upholds strict zero discrimination, venue with disability access, friendly space, nonprofit activities, weekend-only events, low profile and open and transparent policies.
The organization was founded on 22 May 2016 in Nusajaya (Johor) with our very first meetup (in English). On 10 September 2017, it was recognized as a user group under the name Wikimedia Community User Group Malaysia by Wikimedia Foundation. On 12 February 2020, it was officially registered and listed as a national-level non-governmental organization (NGO) under the National Registration Department of the Ministry of Home Affairs of Malaysia under the designated name Wiki Community Welfare User Association Malaysia.
The main objectives of the affiliate is:
- Organise public outreach activities around the county;
- Act as a hub for Wikimedians in Malaysia;
- Collaborate with the wider regional and international Wikimedia community (starting from neighboring countries of Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore etc and further to expand to more countries worldwide);
- Promote Wikipedia and various Malaysian Wikimedia projects throughout Malaysia and rest of the World;
- Act as a voice and representative for the Malaysian Wikimedia community.
To achieve these objectives, the User Group will organize and arrange various meetups, seminars, training and drives both on and off-wiki. Our goal is to set a solid foundation for a Wikimedia in Malaysia and to run series of Wikimedia-related projects and initiatives throughout Malaysia. All of these are being done with good-intention, open-mindedness, sincere heart, polite words, never look down/mock/make fun on anyone, and with the utmost respect to anyone we are dealing with, because we believe that anyone of us is different and has his/her own unique strength to contribute to the movement. This is what truly describe who we are.
- No events at this moment
See previous events here.
In the news
- (9 July 2018) More M’sians reading Wikipedia in English than in BM, Chinese – Malaysia Kini.
- (20 August 2018) Wikipedia for Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museum – Kakiseni.
- (9 February 2020) On Wikipedia, a fight is raging over coronavirus disinformation – Wired.
- (11 January 2021) Volunteers in Malaysia keep Wikipedia free from trolls – The Star.
- (18 January 2021) Jasa ilmu penyunting Wikipedia – Harian Metro. (Archived)
- (15 April 2021) WHO partners with Wikimedia to raise health awareness in Malaysia – World Health Organization.
- (10 July 2021) Perekodan Istilah dan Perkataan daripada Bahasa Peribumi – JendelaDBP.
- (29 September 2021) Meet UTP electrical engineering alumnus Dody Ismoyo, one of the world’s top 200 most active English-language Wikipedia editors – Universiti Teknologi Petronas.
- (4 October 2021) Meet the man who wrote 2,200 Wikipedia articles – The Star.
- (26 December 2021) How engineer Dody Ismoyo became a leading Wikipedian in M'sia – Malaysiakini.