Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/Patrocle - the reverter that any wiki can use
- Title of the submission
Patrocle - the reverter that any wiki can use
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
Wikimedians of Romania and Moldova
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
Large wikis have automatic patroller bots which help humans by automatically reverting the most obviously damaging edits.
However, these bots are maintained by multi-person teams which spend a large amount of time on the code, making them impractical for smaller wikis.
In this lecture we will look at how we can leverage existing tools in the Wikimedia world (mw:ORES and toolforge) to make a "good enough" reverter bot for small and medium wikis.
PatrocleBot has been active on ro.wp for a few months with good results, reverting the worse 2% of all unpatrolled changes and patrolling the best 20%.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).