Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/How Russia’s war in Ukraine impacted the wiki ecosystem. The situation so far
- Title of the submission
How Russia’s war in Ukraine impacted the wiki ecosystem. The situation so far.
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- We are proposing a lecture followed by a Q&A from the audience.
- Author(s) of the submission
- The Wikimedia Foundation
- Legal, Anti-censorship efforts
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
As the host for Wikimedia projects, governments around the world contact the Wikimedia Foundation to request changes to project content. When responding to these requests, the Foundation follows international human rights norms to protect people’s freedom of expression and Wikimedia’s model of community governance. This session will provide an update on the Foundation's anti-censorship efforts, with particular focus on demands from the Russian government. The exact details of the discussion may change if there are major developments in censorship between now and the conference.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
This session aims to build trust and transparency around the work that Wikimedia Foundation is doing around the Russian Wiki ecosystem.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).