Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/Creating and developing your own wiki
- Creating and developing your own wiki
- Type of submission
- Author of the submission
- Yuri Perohanych / Юрій Пероганич
- Wikimedia Ukraine, member and co-founder
- Technology, Community Engagement, Education
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- basic and medium
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
The lecture will explain all the stages of creating and developing your own wiki, based on MediaWiki. Participants will receive answers to the following questions:
- Why do you need your own wiki?
- Hosting options, domain name registration
- Installation and configuration of MediaWiki, recommended extensions
- Filling the wiki with content
- Community development (outreach)
- Support and maintenance of the wiki
- Promotion of the wiki
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Attendees, by creation their own wikis, will get to know MediaWiki more deeply, see it from the administrator's side, will create something valuable and lasting, leave a mark in history, will get to know a subject of their wiki more deeply, will go beyond Wikipedia's restrictions on notability criteria and style, will independently set the rules, will become more visible (more notable) in certain communities, and last but not the least they will unite a community of like-minded people and share free knowledge.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- KuboF Hromoslav (talk) 20:14, 30 July 2022 (UTC)