Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/Challenges in local governance in the CEE region
- Title of the submission
Challenges in local governance in the CEE region
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
- Philip Kopetzky
- Wojciech Pędzich
- Governance, both locally and regionally
- Strategy / Diversity
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
This session will discuss recent problems that have come up within the CEE region about governance and organisational structure of affiliates. This session aims to remove some uncertainty that exists among affiliates as to what might trigger the WMF and one of its many committees to become directly involved in the work of an affiliate, and explain how these kind of situations should or could be avoided.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
By discussing situations that are problematic to the Wikimedia Foundation as the main source of funds in the region, we hope that attendees will know more about which situations to avoid and how to avoid them in the first place.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).