Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2022/Programme/Submissions/An overview of Wikimedia Foundation Funding Programs in CEE (and updates!)
Members from the CEE/Central Asia Regional Committee may also be able to participate and support the session.
- Title of the submission
- An overview and highlights of Wikimedia Foundation Funding Programs in CEE (and updates!)
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- Author(s) of the submission
- Chris Schilling
- Wikimedia Foundation, Community Resources team
- Strategy, Education, Community Engagement, Partnerships, Diversity, Capacity Development, Technology
- Level of advancement (basic, medium, advanced)
- Medium to advanced, depending on the kind of funding opportunities participants are wanting to learn more about.
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
- In this presentation, I will be providing an overview of the following:
- Highlights of recent programs and achievements funded in CEE
- Wikimedia Foundation's funding programs maintained by the Community Resources team (Wikimedia Community Fund, Wikimedia Alliances Fund, Wikimedia Research & Technology Fund), and updates for these programs for 2023
- Resources and support systems for applicants (such as the Let's Connect space, especially for first-time applicants or organizations seeking annual funding.
Time permitting, participants will be able to ask questions about the presentation or more generally about funding opportunities.
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
- It will help participants understand what needs the Wikimedia Foundation is funding in the CEE Region
- Participants will have a more holistic understanding of what funding opportunities are available for individuals, informal groups, affiliates, and other organizations.
- Participants will know what options are available from the Community Resources team to support them when preparing to apply for funding as well as during their funding period.
- Special requirements
- I will need a projector and a screen for a slide deck presentation.
- Slides or further information
- Recording on YouTube: 
- Presentation Slides: File:CEE Meeting 2022 - Overview of Funding Programs.pdf
- Let's Connect
- Regional funding page for CEE region
- Shared notes
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).