Wikimedia CEE Meeting 2019/Programme/Submissions/Boost your Wikipedia with WikiBooster
- Title of the submission
Boost your Wikipedia with WikiBooster
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, workshop, lightning talk, roundtable, poster)
- lightning talk
- Author(s) of the submission
- Mārtiņš Bruņenieks
- Wikimedians of Latvia User Group
- Abstract (up to 100 words)
- How will this session be beneficial for the communities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe?
Interested people will help integrate this tool in their language versions of Wikimedia projects, allowing their community to make micro contributions from mobile devices during a coffee break.
- Special requirements
- Slides or further information
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Latvia - Edgars2007 - allows microcontributions
- The problem is that there are many issues in articles, that are waiting to be fixed
- many of them shouldn't be fixed automatically, but it would require human checking
- This can boost with microcontributions. There are issues in articles that can be easily fixed but there should be verification. There are possibly many users who could do it. It is quie tedeious to search for mistakes through the searchbox.
- Things like: missing defaultsorts and references tags and so on.
- How does it work. There is some preparation of data. Maybe in databases dumps, there is a web interface for evyerone to use where you can accept or reject the proposed edits.
- (screenshot from Latvian wikipedia)
- (list of articles on ee.wiki shown)
- There are cases where you can see you should not add the default sort.
- For the future: There is a possibility to add own typos or maybe moving images to COmmons
- Tool is available at this address but only for latvia and for estonia. So contact Edgars to rectify
- Marius runs a similar project: CheckWiki has like 100 common mistakes
- Marius could provide a list of 100 mistakes in wikipedias.
- If not error: will it get stored? Sometimes it wiill return, intent is not to be shown anymore.