Wikimedia Brazilian Group of Education and Research/User Group Proposal/da
User group name: Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research
The Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research is a group conceived with the participation of teachers, researchers and employees of several national institutions that participate in the Education Program of Wikimedia in Brazil. This group aims to integrate the academic community to the Wikimedia movement, creating a more friendly and responsive environment for the development of projects, research, events and other activities.
The participants of the Wikimedia Community Brazilian Group of Education and Research:
- Are committed to the values and missions of the Wikimedia Foundation to "empower and engage people around the world to collect and develop educational content under a free license or in the public domain and release them in an effective and comprehensive manner."
- Are committed with the ethics and values of the profession exercised, especially the values of intellectual freedom, equal access to information and knowledge.
- They aim to develop research projects in an open, accessible, participatory and fully transparent and autonomous manner
- They are committed to the development and exchange of knowledge with the movement
This proposal aims to formalize the group with the Wikimedia Foundation and Affiliation Committee for recognition and continuity of the Brazilian Education Program.
- Organize a group of educators, developers and researchers with the National Wikimedia movement;
- Engage the national academic community in Wikimedia projects seeking greater recognition, validation and improvement of its contents;
- Cooperate with the development of a more open and participatory community in the Wikimedia projects in Portuguese;
- Develop research and extension projects in partnership with universities and partner institutions;
- Create GLAM projects aimed at incorporating more content to the Wikimedia projects;
- Promote competitions and cultural activities;
- Promote cultural exchange nationally and internationally;
- Get closer to the Lusophone and Latin American community specifically through the Iberocoop group.
- Hold presential meetings and encourage participation in national and international events;
- Develop cooperative agreements with chapters and groups from other countries;
- Participate in discussions and stimulate the adoption of Wikimedia projects such as public policy for the use of technology as a tool to support learning, development and knowledge sharing;
- Identify, collect and generate scientific publications on the educational use of Wikimedia projects.
- Get recognition from AffCom, Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia Movement;
- Confirm the participation of teachers and institutions that participate in Group, in the Education Program and in its planning and execution activities;
- Formalize partnerships in the institutions with a research group with the recognition of CAPES and CNPq to obtaining resources for the development of projects and requests for research grants;
- Assess the possibilities to create projects engaging teachers, students and the community in Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, Commons, Wikiversity, Wikisource, WikiData and etc.);
- Develop a project to raise funds to purchase digitized books and documents for the creation and execution of projects in partnership with IPHAN, national libraries and museums (National Library, Library of the Ministry of Finance, MASP, National Museum, etc.) ;
- Plan and support the development of cultural competitions, edit-a-thons and photographic competitions (Wiki Loves Earth and Wiki Loves Monuments);
- Enter into agreements with chapters (mainly Latin and Lusophone), user groups, national and international institutions for the development of GLAM activities, edit-a-thons and thematic translations marathons;
- Promote creative activities and translation of content in diverse languages through cooperation with teachers and students of languages, foreign embassies and cultural institutes.
- Participate in events and debates on national, state and local education plans, aiming to incorporate technology into the classroom through Wikimedia tools and projects;
- Develop support materials to train educators and collaborators;
- Promote partnerships with cities, states and the federal government to training educators and replicators of knowledge about the issue and pedagogical use of Wikimedia projects;
- Organize 2 annual meetings with educators and contributors of the Education Program;
- Promote participation in national and international academic events (CBIE, SBIE and other symposium and conferences on education and technology);
- Expand the communication channel with the international education program maintained and supported by the Wikimedia Foundation;
- Encourage the development of undergraduate research projects, coursework, thesis and dissertations related to the Wikimedia projects;
- Publish the results of research projects in national and international conferences.
- Create a technical team to develop tools, mobile apps, offline use of Wikipedia (Kiwix), bots, filters, collection and analysis of data and the contribution to the development of the Wikimedia projects;
- Develop a communication plan (supported by tools) to integrate and distribute project results in and out of wikis.
Contacts and communication channels
Priorities after approval
- Create partnerships with local universities
- Facilitate the formalization of a research group with institutions involved in the education program
- Define the activities calendar
- Organize projects and activities by area
- Create partnerships with other chapters and institutions
- Create contact and group communication channels (blog, facebook, IRC, etc.)
- Publish monthly activity reports
- Move forward with the organization, structuring and group recognition inside and outside of the Wikimedia movement.
- Bring together teachers and researchers interested in the formalization of a user group
- Define the objectives, structure and scope of the group’s activities
- Define name, page and forms of communication
- Get support from Wikimedians to validate the proposal
- Request recognition from AffCom - (Group recognized)
- Develop proposed activities
- Collect and publish results of activities
- Rodrigo Padula (talk) 15:24, 18 July 2014 (UTC) (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro)
- Fernanda Rabelo (talk) 17:07, 18 July 2014 (UTC) (IFF-Instituto Federal Fluminense)
- Rafael Pezzi (talk) 15:21, 19 July 2014 (UTC) (IF - Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul)
- Fabio Azevedo (talk) 13:19, 20 July 2014 (UTC) (Matemática - Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul).
- Ліонкінг (talk) 16:20, 21 July 2014 (UTC) We have an ideas of cooperation between Ukraine & Brazil (Wikimedia Ukraine)
- Vitor Mazuco Msg 21:09, 21 July 2014 (UTC) (Wikimedian)
- Wilfredor (talk) 13:39, 22 July 2014 (UTC) (Kiwix project)
- Linanakata (talk) 13:49, 22 July 2014 (UTC) (Universidade Federal de Uberlândia)
- Cícero Moraes (talk) (Arc-Team e EBRAFOL - Equipe Brasileira de Antropologia Forense e Odontologia Legal)
- Elisa.Matte (talk) 14:07, 23 July 2014 (UTC)(Especialista em tradução Inglês/Português/Espanhol)
- ProtoplasmaKid We will perform some cooperation activities between Wikimedia Brazilian Group and Wikimedia México.
- OTAVIO1981 (talk) 16:11, 23 July 2014 (UTC) Volunteer from Rio de Janeiro. I'm able to help with general and specific objectives by online and presential support.
- Esequia Sauter (talk) 16:51, 23 July 2014 (UTC) (Matemática - Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul)
- Jayme Ayres (talk) 15:13, 23 July 2014 (UTC) (Desenvolvedor Frontend/UX Designer)
- Warko (talk) 23:46, 23 July 2014 (UTC) (Wikimedia Chile)
- Mario Chagas (talk) 18:50, 24 July 2014 (UTC) (UNIRIO)
- Domusaurea (talk) 22:24, 24 July 2014 (UTC) (UNIRIO)
- Flavio Chame Barreto (talk) 18:20, 25 July 2014 (UTC) (Secretaria Estadual de Educação do Estado do Rio de Janeiro - SEEDUC)
- Lu Ricas (talk) 19:59, 25 July 2014 (UTC) (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro)
- GoncalvesMarcio (User talk:GoncalvesMarcio) (Universidade Estácio de Sá / Facha / UFRJ))
- Contoaberto (talk) 10:45, 4 August 2014 (UTC) (Universidade Federal Fluminense / UFF)
- Paulo Francisco Slomp (talk) 22:45, 5 August 2014 (UTC) (Faculdade de Educação - Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul)
- Priscilla Normando (talk) (Estudos em Ciência, Tecnologia e Sociedade - OBMTS-UnB / ITCP-Universidade de Brasília)
- --Zoldyick (talk) 20:47, 12 February 2015 (UTC) (Wikimedian)
- Crang115 (talk) 20:30, 11 March 2015 (UTC) (UNIRIO)