Wikimédia France/Guide pratique/br
Why a practical guide?
This guide aims to support the development of local groups by tackling the key points of a regional initiative. The aim is to inspire people and make it easier for them to organize actions and get involved. It’s a resource document, organized into theme-based factsheets. It offers detailed explanations of issues relating to local groups and also includes methods concerning the main actions that might be considered, in order to propose operational tools. The guide aims to facilitate the technical aspect of actions so they take place with as much ease as possible.
This practical guide contains 19 factsheets which you can download from Wikimedia Commons:
- Why form a local group?
- The different uses of the local group
- Contributing locally: case studies
- Drawing up a regional action plan
- Filling in an “action sheet”
- Support of Wikimédia France’s staff team
- Who can be a partner?
- Formalizing a partnership
- Drawing up a budget
- The different forms of funding
- Integrating new members
- Using the members wiki
- Organizing and communicating about an event
- Organizing a training session
- Organizing a photo outing
- The Wikimedia projects
- From copyright to the public domain
- The various Creative Commons licences