What about Wikifilm, a collection of original creative or documentary films, released under the GNU Free License. This idea might go nowhere, and it doesn't really fit in with Wikimedia in its current form. But there is a chance amateur filmmakers might embrace it wholeheartedly. Amazon Theatre  was recently launched with an indie film starring Minnie Driver, and is accepting new works. I don't know, but I'd like input on this. -- user:zanimum
- won't this wipe out the servers for good? en:User:Dbachmann 09:58, 25 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- If we do it the usual way, probably, but we could get creative. One thought: each film submitted could on the page just have information and some screen shots. Below would be contact info for people who had copies of it, for arranging a transfer via P2P or otherwise. That right there would work most of the time, since many of these places would have their own websites (E.g. Undercurrents. We could also have the option of downloading from Wikimedia for a small fee, just enough to cover costs; not ideal, but maybe swallowable since there would be the former option available. Zach 16:51, 11 Apr 2005 (UTC)
- It's not really very textual. Sounds more like something the Creative Commons could be doing...
- Isn't this sort of the premise behind iFilm or Atom Films? LockeShocke 04:27, 31 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- I had the idea to start a filmmaking wiki, to cover all the aspects of filmmaking and movie production. I've created one and started adding content, but right now, it's still in a embryonic stage. It is currently hosted on my production company's website at riddleplayersproductions.com/wikifilm I was considering buying http://www.wikifilm.com if it were available, but it's not. However, there's no content, only a single line of text which reads, "on this side the collective filmmaking with wiki is under construction." Does anybody know the person or people responsible for this, how to get into contact with them, and/or what plans they have, if any? Otherwise, in the absense of any similarly purposed project, I'll just keep at what I'm at, but I'd like to see if there was enough interest to fold this closer into the Wikimedia community.
- What if just .torrents of the (user created) films were hosted? MaxTerry 02:49, 25 January 2007 (UTC)
- I'd like to see a IMDb-esque wiki. As a film student I know that an IMDb for your own school would be very much appreciated.
- Note: I have just created Grants:IdeaLab/Making a Wikimedia-produced feature-length documentary film for theatrical release, which is a slightly more developed version of the above. BD2412 T 16:59, 15 August 2014 (UTC)