Wiki World Heritage User Group/Meeting minutes 20210606
online meeting of the board with the governance advisor, on 06.06.2021 at 13:00 UTC, on Zoom.
- Membership management
- Communication channels
- Evaluation of the by-laws draft
The governance advisor,Shani Evenstein, highlighted good practices in terms of members management and communication, based on her experience in leading two thematic affiliates: Wiki Project Med and Wikipedia & Education User Group.
- In the beginning of Wikipedia & Education User Group, membership was through signing-up on the Meta page (similar to WWH currently). For Wiki Project Med, which wasa registered non-profit, a google form was created to have the list of members with detailed information. The form was accessible only for 2 people: the chair & the membership admin.
- The form of membership request was applied also to Wikipedia & Education User Group to prepare it to grow (to be registered as a non-profit).
- Membership for 2 years, updated.
- Membership form allows us to evaluate the UG and track its evolution
- Email address for membership (sending a welcome email to new registered members + links to communication channels)
- Creating a Facebook group was helpful for Wikipedia & Education UG.
- 1.5 hour meeting is a good amount of time (members meetings) : introductions / a portion for updates about the board work / highlighting people’s work / listing important conferences / mailing lists for networking, etc.
- Meetings are important to foster connections (breakout rooms in meetings to work on specific assignments for instance)
- More Flexibility: Percentage of members in the quorum instead of the number (25% for instance).
- Creating a membership request form to reorganize the members list.
- Discussing the by-laws draft with members in the next meeting and submitting them to vote.
- Creating a Facebook group for the UG.