Wiki Loves Monuments ZA 2013
This is a general page for organising and activating the 2013 Wiki Loves Monuments photographic competition in South Africa.
Call for volunteersEdit
The list of volunteers for the 2013 Wiki Loves Monuments competition. Volunteers are needed to help organise local community level events such as upload marathons and treasure hunts during the month of September. Sign up today!
In preparation for this years Wiki Loves Monuments South Africa (WLM) Wikimedia ZA is putting out a call for volunteers from all provinces to help plan and host WLM events throughout the month of September.
If you are interested then please sign up under your province and please let us know which town or city you would like to host in.
Similar to what was done in Cape Town and Kimberly last year when treasure hunts and upload marathons were organised to help promote and facilitate WLM during September we would like to organise the same sort of events for this year's competition in as many provinces and towns as possible. In order for us to do this we need volunteers from as many different provinces as possible to help make these events happen on the ground.
This year I suggest we combine the monument/treasure hunts (3-4 hours) with the upload marathons (+- 2 hours). However it is completely up to the local volunteer how and which events they wish to organise.
All we ask is that:
- Volunteers keep us informed of what you are planing (so we can publicise the event).
- It be directly relevant to the competition (that is to say, taking pictures of monuments).
- It takes place in September 2013.
- It takes place in South Africa.
Volunteers will be responsible for assisting in the organising and hosting of events in their respective provinces.
Currently we only have people in the Western Cape and Gauteng to host events. Even though these two provinces have some volunteers present for them we still would like more volunteers to help expand the number of events that we can carry out in September.
A full list of registered monuments can be found in your province here.
Please also check out our page on Facebook.
- Johannesburg --Thuvack (talk) 05:58, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Johannesburg (pending availability in RSA at the time) --Slashme (talk) 07:53, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Johannesburg -- (Non SA citizen from Botswana) Oarabile Mudongo (talk) 09:27, 30 July 2013 (UTC)