Wiki Indaba Steering Committee/Members
Wiki Indaba Steering Committee (WISCom)Edit
The Wiki Indaba Steering Committee is responsible for supporting the organization of future Indaba(s), providing a unified voice for all organisations and will provide non-financial resources to all who associate with Wiki Indaba. The committee is made up of a representative of all past organizers of Wiki Indaba, a representative from the current LOC, 3 volunteer slots opened to all members from the continent and 2 WMF liaison roles.
The committee was formed as a result of constant burnout from previous organizers of the conference. A process was announced at the 2018 Wiki Indaba to initiate a steering committee to support future organizers.
- Country Representation (Previous Organizers of the Conference)
- 3 available slots for volunteers
- 1 representative from the current organising committee.
- 2 liaisons from the WMF
Selection Criteria & GuidelinesEdit
- The term of office is 2 years after which their organisation can have new elections to select a rep.
- The affiliate is completely responsible for selecting this person
- Can be replaced at the discretion of the affiliate, but a notice must be sent to the committee 3 months and accepted before any change is made. This applies only in cases of non-performance or no-confidence.
- Volunteers will be appointed by the steering committee through an open application process.
- Most volunteer roles span a tenure of only one year.
- The role of the volunteer coordinator spans a tenure of one and half years maximum. This role is automatically awarded to the best candidate during the application process.
Representative from the current local organising committeeEdit
- The representative will be appointed by the LOC through an election.
- Representatives tenure is terminated at the end of the organising period, unless renewed by the host country/affiliate towards the capacity of a country representative.
- Program officer of any grant project at the WMF
- One other selection by the preference of the WMF
Roles of WISComEdit
- Focus on the programme and annual theme of the conference
- Management of scholarships application and awarding process
- Programmatic support between conferences
- Championing cross collaboration and cross affiliate partnerships across the continent and beyond.
- Gather learning patterns and share best practices
- Ensuring participation from the continent in other relevant regional collaboration programs
- Facilitate a bidding process for the selection of future hosts
- Marketing the event in countries that do not have a Wikipedia presence
- Support with the grant making process of the LOC
Current voting members marked in green; former in light green:
Current non-voting advisers marked in gold (yellow-orange); former non-voting advisers in light orange (peach):
Current Wikimedia Foundation staff liaisons marked in Red; former liaisons in (lighter) Red:
Current non-voting observer members in gray: