Wiki Indaba Steering Committee
The Wiki Indaba Steering Committee is responsible for supporting the organization of future Indaba(s), providing a unified voice for all organisations and will provide non-financial resources to all who associate with Wiki Indaba.
The Wiki Indaba Steering Committee (colloquially known as WISCom) was created in 2018.
The Wiki Indaba Steering Committee is responsible for supporting the organization of future Indaba(s), providing a unified voice for all organisations and will provide non-financial resources to all who associate with Wiki Indaba. The committee is made up of a representative of all past organizers of Wiki Indaba, a representative from the current LOC, 3 volunteer slots opened to all members from the continent and 2 WMF liaison roles.
The committee was formed as a result of constant burnout from previous organizers of the conference. A process was announced at the 2018 Wiki Indaba to initiate a steering committee to support future organizers.
|Bobby Shabangu (Bobbyshabangu)||ss, en-4||South Africa, Johannesburg|
|Felix Nartey (Flixtey)||en-N, tiw-N||Ghana, Accra|
|Zeineb Takouti (Zeinebtakouti)||ar-N, fr-3, en-3, it-1||Tunisia, Tunis|
|Reda Kerbouche (Reda Kerbouche)||shy, arq, ru, ar, fr, en-3, de-1||Algeria, Batna|
|Georges Fodouop (Geugeor)||fr, en-2||Cameroon, Douala|
|Houcemeddine Turki (Csisc)||aeb, ar-4, fr-4, en-3, it-1, mt-1, de-0||Tunisia, Sfax|
- WMF staff liaison
- Woubzena Jifar, Grants Program officer WMF (Jan 2018 - )
- Dumisani Ndubane, Evaluation Strategist WMF (Jan 2018 - )
- WISCom Timeline
Current voting members marked in green; former in light green:
Current non-voting advisers marked in gold (yellow-orange); former non-voting advisers in light orange (peach):
Current Wikimedia Foundation staff liaisons marked in Red; former liaisons in (lighter) Red:
Current non-voting observer members in gray:
- The best way to contact the Committee is to write an e-mail to Wiscomlists.wikimedia.org; please note that the Committee might be sometimes slow in responding to e-mails, so if you don't receive a reply to your message in a reasonable time, just send us a reminder.
- You can follow or tweet the Committee on
- You can follow or write to the Committee on
- You can also contact the members of the Committee individually by clicking on their usernames in the timeline above; feel free to use our talk pages and e-mails for any questions related to Wiki Indaba.
- You may also arrange a phone call (via Skype or Google Hangout) with members of the Committee.
|Apply to be a member of WISCom|