WikiIndaba conference 2019/Submissions/WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique
|This is an Accepted submission for WikiIndaba conference 2019 that has been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee and accepted into the conference program|
- Submission no. 043
1. WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique is a writing contest that took place in primary schools in 4 African countries in 2017/2018 using WikiFundi. The project has been renewed in 2018/2019, with additional countries and more local training. We propose to present that project, its context, the operations, success factors. The presentation will come with slides, documentation, and a poster. The people involved are Anthere (project lead) as well as Afek from wikimedia Tunisia and Georges from Cameroun (and maybe others, depending on who is participating to WikiIndaba and involved in the project)
- Title of the submission
- WikiChallenge Ecoles d'Afrique
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- lecture with several speakers
- Author of the submission
- Florence Devouard
- Language of presentation
- Maybe both English and French
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Wiki in Africa
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
2. We will also introduce the new (!) WikiChallenge Bénin along with its organizing team !
3. About WikiFundi
The WikiFundi server will be up and running for anyone who wants to try. I will come with an hard drive with wikifundi version on it (recent in French, older in English) so that if people want to copy the image from the hard drive... they will be able to. The full image is 65 GB (that includes Wikipedia offline etc.). A WikiFundi only is below 30 GB. Communication documents available.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- Will learn about a project and gain insight on how a project can be successfully run with several partners. Will gain insight on the Vikidia encyclopedia.
- Will discover a use of WikiFundi
- Will hear about a new project in Benin
- Theme of presentation
- Education and Offline technology
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Beginning, intermediate, advanced
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
- Youssefbhy (talk) 09:45, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
- Mounir Touzri (talk) 14:28, 13 October 2018 (UTC)