WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/Wiki Loves Africa
|This is a Closed submission for WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has already been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 043
- Title of the submission
- Wiki Loves Africa, now and beyond
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
Roundtable and exhibition
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
email@example.com. But the implementer is firstname.lastname@example.org
Anthere. But the implementer is Islahaddow
- Country of origin
France. Islahaddow is from South Africa
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
Wiki in Africa
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
We propose three elements associated to Wiki Loves Africa this year
- An exhibition of winning pictures for Wiki Loves Africa 2017 !!!
- A panel to discuss WLA
- A workshop featuring "teaching tools and integration of WLA images associated to WLA" (see WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/Wiki Loves Africa Workshop)
This proposal is about the panel :
- a 5 min presentation of this year results, participating teams, success of the photo-stories, and other high-lights,
- immediately followed by a relaxed discussion (roundtable ?) over the future of Wiki Loves Africa (pretty much as was done last year... a bunch of chairs, a paperboard, some pens, a note taker...
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- learn about a project and its outcome
- will gain insights of how a project is set up and run (including grant-wise)
- will actively participate building up the next WLA
- Theme of presentation
- WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
Participants of previous Wiki Loves Africa + Wikimedia Foundation staff + Whoever is interested
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
No slides. Need a paperboard or flipchart.
- Special requests
For the exhibition, we would need a prominent blank wall and exhibition space.
We (Lodewijk and I) suggest that this discussion not be held in parallel to WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/Making Wiki Loves Monuments thrive across Africa (if both accepted) as people interested in photo shooting may be involved in both projects.
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
Comments (To be considered before February 16th, 2018):
- Add absolutely useful details from 044.
- If the comment is taken into consideration, we will add 15 min to the time of the presentation.