|This is a Closed submission for WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has already been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 019
- Title of the submission
- Importance and impact of WikiProject Med
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Lightning talks
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Iraqi Wikimedians
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
- Presentation about WikiProject Med and how this project is improving and its impact and importance on our communities, especially in African countries and other developing countries. Also, I'm planning to present how medical articles were improved in Arabic Wikipedia by local activities or online contests. Then, I'll present the importance of creating and expanding medical articles in the local African languages.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
- They will gain insight about WikiProject Med and I wish there will be an impact on the local communities by establishment of local activities by the users to join this project.
- Theme of presentation
- Education and Sister Projects
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 10 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final? final
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).
Reason: Does not give practical details about how the project is currently working in Africa. Only deals with how the project can be useful for African communities.