WikiIndaba conference 2018/Submissions/User Group Application Process - Before and After
|This is a Closed submission for WikiIndaba conference 2018 that has already been reviewed by the members of the Program Committee.|
- Submission no. 016
- Title of the submission
The Wikimedia User Group Application Process - Before and After
- Type of submission (lecture, panel, tutorial/workshop, roundtable discussion, lightning talk, birds of a feather discussion)
- Author of the submission
- Language of presentation
- E-mail address
- Country of origin
- Affiliation, if any (organisation, company etc.)
- Personal homepage or blog
- Abstract (up to 300 words to describe your proposal)
The Wikimedia User Group Applications Process is entering its 3rd year `nd has seen over 80 recognitions. With Africa predicted to be the next fastest growing location when it comes to internet entrance, we expect to have more applications come from here. Also, we are certain that there are users who will be attending, who are thinking about or in the process of setting up a user group. This workshop is meant to explain the procees of becoming recognised as a Wikimedia User Group. It will also share some best practices to follow after recognition.
- What will attendees take away from this session?
Attendees will learn how to successfully setup a Wikimedia recognized User Group.
- Theme of presentation
WikiCulture & Community
- For workshops and discussions, what level is the intended audience?
- Length of session (if other than 25 minutes, specify how long)
- 25 minutes
- Will you attend WikiIndaba if your submission is not accepted?
- Slides or further information (optional)
- Special requests
- Is this Submission a Draft or Final?
If you are interested in attending this session, please sign with your username below. This will help reviewers to decide which sessions are of high interest. Sign with a hash and four tildes. (# ~~~~).