Wiki4MediaFreedom is an initiative by Osservatorio Balcani e Caucaso Transeuropa (OBCT) to systematise, expand, and update Wikipedia entries on freedom of information and threatened journalism in Europe.
Wiki4MediaFreedom built on that, creating or improving articles about media landscapes and media systems in several European countries, as well as items on specific media-related issues, such as transparency of media ownership, media concentration access to public information, censorship and self-censorship in Visegrád countries, the Baltic States, South-east Europe, the Eastern Partnership countries and Turkey.
Community events are also organised, including an edit-a-thon in Belgrade, Serbia on November 21st, 2016, one in Sofia, Bulgaria on the 27th November 2017 and a Writing & Translation contest (May 3rd - 15th July 2018).
Wiki4MediaFreedom is part of the European Centre for Press and Media Freedom (ECPMF) and knowledge works in combination with the Media Freedom Resource Centre.
List of initiativesEdit
- Wiki4MediaFreedom edit-a-thon (Belgrade, Serbia, November 21st, 2016)
- Wiki4MediaFreedom edit-a-thon - II edition (Sofia, Bulgaria, 27th November 2017)
- Wiki4MediaFreedom contest (May 3rd - 15th July 2018)
- Wiki4MediaFreedom contest - II edition (October 10th - November 30th, 2018)
- Wiki4MediaFreedom edit-a-thon - III edition (Madrid, Spain, January 18th, 2019)
- Wiki4MediaFreedom edit-a-thon - IV edition (Berlin, Germany, January 26th, 2019)
- (Italiano) Tradurre e migliorare voci Wikipedia sul tema della libertà di stampa in Europa (cooperation in an education project by Wikimedia Italia) (February-April 2019)