User talk:Varnent/Archive 13
- 1 Tech News: 2015-38
- 2 Wikidata weekly summary #175
- 3 Wikimedia Highlights from August 2015
- 4 New Wikipedia Library Database Access (September 2015)
- 5 Tech News: 2015-39
- 6 Wikidata weekly summary #176
- 7 Tech News: 2015-40
- 8 Wikidata weekly summary #177
- 9 Temporary adminship
- 10 Wikidata weekly summary #178
- 11 Tech News: 2015-41
- 12 Movement Wide Finance Report 2014
- 13 Congratulations, Dear Administrator!
- 14 This Month in GLAM: September 2015
- 15 Tech News: 2015-42
- 16 Wikidata weekly summary #179
- 17 Wikimedia Highlights from September 2015
- 18 Wikidata weekly summary #180
- 19 Tech News: 2015-43
- 20 Wikidata weekly summary #181
16:17, 14 September 2015 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #175
Wikimedia Highlights from August 2015
New Wikipedia Library Database Access (September 2015)
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- EBSCOHost - this is one of our largest access donations so far: access to a wide variety of academic, newspaper and magazine sources through their Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete and MasterFILE Complete
- Newspaperarchive.com - historical newspapers from the United States, Canada, UK and 20 other countries, and includes an Open Access "clipping" feature (1000 accounts)
- IMF Elibary- a digital collection of the IMF's reports, studies and research on global economics and development (50 accounts)
- Sabinet - one of the largest African digital publishers, based in South Africa, with a wide range of content in English and other European and African languages (10 accounts)
- Numérique Premium - a French language social science and humanities ebook database, with topical collections on a wide range of topics (100)
- Al Manhal - an Arabic and English database with a wide range of sources, largely focused on or published in the Middle East (60 accounts)
- Jamalon - an Arabic book distributor, who is providing targeted book delivery to volunteers (50 editors)
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including expanded accounts for Elsevier ScienceDirect, British Medical Journal and Dynamed and additional accounts for Project MUSE, DeGruyter, Newspapers.com, Highbeam and HeinOnline. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 19:42, 16 September 2015 (UTC)
18:29, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #176
15:15, 28 September 2015 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #177
Wikidata weekly summary #178
18:32, 5 October 2015 (UTC)
Movement Wide Finance Report 2014
I’m Alex, currently a finance fellow (i.e intern) at the Wikimedia Foundation. I worked before for Wikimedia France, planning the Hackathon Lyon 2015 mainly. I'm today contacting you because of your activity for Wikimedia Esperanto User Group.
Last year, Finance Fellows produced a financial report that included financial activity from every chapters. It was great and has been presented at the Wikimania in Mexico.
If you haven’t seen the results of the Report 2013, here they are: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Chapter-wide_Financial_Trends_Report_2013
We’re currently starting the Report 2014 and this year we also want to include user groups to improve the scope of our work. I want to tell you that I’ve tried to make the process as short and easy as possible, so that shouldn’t require a lot of your time.
The aim of such a report is global. It helps having an idea of how the money is used across the movement, it helps chapters and user groups to learn about best practice and finally it leads to more transparency through a qualitative work, which I believe is important.
Could you briefly tell me if you had any income and expenses in 2014? If you are not the person responsible for this, please tell me who is the user the most likely to know this information. Also, If you are part of some other user groups and know if they have income and expenses, I'd be super cool if you could tell me.
I’ll be your contact for this project this year, I’m looking forward to working with you!
Congratulations, Dear Administrator!
Varnent, congratulations! You now have the rights of an administrator on Meta. Please take a moment to read the Meta:Administrators page and watchlist related pages (in particular Meta:Requests for help from a sysop or bureaucrat, and Meta:Requests for deletion, but also Talk:Spam blacklist and Talk:Interwiki map), before launching yourself into page deletions, page protections, account blockings, or modifications of protected pages. The majority of the actions of administrators can be reversed by the other admins, except for history merges which must thus be treated with particular care.
This Month in GLAM: September 2015
16:29, 12 October 2015 (UTC)
Wikidata weekly summary #179
Wikimedia Highlights from September 2015
- Drone photography of Versailles
- Wikimedia project milestones: Swedish Wikipedia hits 2 million
- What I Learned: Wikipedia Education Program in Argentina
- In September, we love monuments
- Reimagining the Wikimedia Foundation’s grants
- Wikipedia’s very active editor numbers have stabilized—delve into the data with us
- Should I pay for a Wikipedia article?
Wikidata weekly summary #180
16:02, 19 October 2015 (UTC)