|| View it! Tool Beta Testing Sept. 2022
Thank you for signing up to be a beta tester! We appreciate your interest and assistance with the development of View it!. Please install the beta script and start to see the results that View it! pulls. Our intention is to check in periodically and occasionally ask questions related to the current stages of development. However, please feel free to leave messages on the Discussion page at any time with comments or questions you have. To respond to the questions below, please visit the Discussion page's September response section. Thank you again!
- You can view our test version with expanded search features at https://view-it.toolforge.org/test/. Please compare these search options with the existing default (which relies on a "custommatch"-based search query that combines "depicts" results and top-level category membership).
- What default behavior would you prefer when clicking the tool from the user script? (ex. "custommatch" vs. just P180, or something else)
- What are your opinions on which features to integrate from the Toolforge test and how? We are wondering if you like all of the existing ones, or not, or want others, if these are overkill and overcomplicate the search interface, if you'd rather see advanced search on a separate page, etc.
- We are also thinking about the buttons and click behavior on the existing user script design.
- The View it! button currently exists in the top tab bar, next to "Talk". Do you prefer this placement, or another option (such as the leftmost sidebar, or another location).
- The button currently uses "View" in English. Do you have opinions on use of this wording? Is there another suggestion you prefer (such as "Images", "Media", etc.). Would you like an icon or not?
- When clicking on the tab from a wiki project, do you want Toolforge to open in the same browser tab or a new tab? When clicking an image within the Toolforge tool, do you want the Commons file page to open in that same browser tab or in a new tab?
- If you have other feedback on any other aspect, please let us know! We are also happy to hear ideas about future development, such as planned editor tools.