User talk:Mike.lifeguard/Archive 1
Promouvoir ce canal, d'accord, mais quand on a les droits (pour hegesippe) réglés à 2 et qu'on ne peut plus accéder au canal après une déconnexion (mon routeur haut débit se réinitialise au moins une fois par jour), on se dit qu'il manque un mode d'emploi clair pour ce canal, si on tient à ce qu'il devienne populaire ... Hégésippe | ±Θ± 21:24, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
- Vous devez demander d'un des ops pour un exemption. Tous les personnes dan le canal peuvent vous inviter, mais c'est seulement bonne pour une fois. Pour entrer quand vous voulez, demandez pour un exemption. Je vais voir si je peut trouver quelqu'un pour le faire maintenant, mais peut-etre vous devez demander vous-meme dans le canal plus tard. Desole pour mon francais.
- You'll need an invite exemption from a channel op. Anyone already in the channel can invite you in, but that's only good once. To get in whenever you want, you need to be exempt from invites. I'll try to get an op to do this for you now, but you may have to take care of it yourself later. – Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 21:32, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
but what if you're all wrong?
Well, Mike.lifeguard, i don't know where to answer you, for what you made by putting all my links 'weblog.ro' from pages like Simone de Beauvoir, Houellebecq etc. on the black list, so i'll do it here, where i see your name.
What if all this is not true and you, and all your friends here, made an abuse? What if that site you're talking about is a simple blog, and has no advertising and will never had, and all the videos it has there are just cultural, with cultural themes, and no one who wants to get clicks will ever do it by posting cultural things about writers, what if all those are really just writers that i love or belive in, and want everybody to see those interviews, and that's all, what if you, just you, are a plane, simple, pure, full time idiot after all, and you've just offended a guy who did nothing wrong, and doesn't even know how to do that? hum?
never mind, have a nioce life with your friends. you must be happy persons. i know you will remain many.
- We already saw that over there, and a decision was made. You can ask us again, but this it not the correct place. The whole community should have input, so please request de-listing at Talk:Spam blacklist#Proposed removals. – Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 15:38, 26 April 2008 (UTC)
- let me see if i understand correctly. so you made a mistake about me, by removing those perfectly 'innocent' links. i had to 'report it', but it was in vain.
- then, more people, your friends here, analised your mistake and decided that it was a good thing. the mistake remained.
- now, you know it's a mistake, but you, who made it, can not change it. i have to 'ask you again' in order to repare it, you and your friends. great. so wonderful, so logic. just wait for my requiest. probably it will take a wile.
- not only wonderful minds, but beautiful and logic caracters.
Cusano Mutri on nap.wikipedia
Hi Mike, I will revert that edit, because both are only websites which collect information about the city - there is no "I want to sell you this or that" thingie there. A "Proloco" is something like the tourism board of a city that is you call there when you need information about what's going on in terms of events in that city. They of course have also lists of hotels etc., but all Prolocos are official websites of a city. The other one is a collection with information about the city and where to find additional info - I'd say that is one of the best ones of all four if someone would like to extend the article. I don't know the city and the guy who has that website: but he did good work and it would be nice to have him write about his city on wikipedia. I'll probably contact him. Thank you and have a nice Sunday! :-) --Sabine 09:29, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting me know. You will be interested in seeing this and this. – Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 14:51, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
- Well, the first ones to call it spam strange enough is it.wiki ... I mean I could understand, depending on the policies of the specific wikipedia version, that the second one you removed is considered as spam, but for sure not the first one. If you look at en.wikipedia you will find links to websites which are far more commercial. And being sincere: I prefer a link to an external website, even if it has only pictures, to having nothing on the page. On the Neapolitan wikipedia we actually have problems in terms of people who are mothertongue and can really write Neapolitan, so I am happy about any addition we can give. Andreas, another German admin on nap.wiki just asked me why I reverted, well I told him. This is for example the website of the Proloco in Minori and actually they are quite crappy in style, but that is more or less typical for many websites in Italy. --Sabine 17:57, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
in following with consensus derived at your RFA, I have promoted you into the sysop group. Please make sure you are familiar with policy relating to your new tools, and add yourself to the sysop box.
Wrong Version Tag!
Thanks very much! Foolestroupe 03:34, 6 May 2008 (UTC) :-)
Spam blacklist additions: 20:00, 17 May 2008 (UTC)
Hi Mike. I have posted a response to the whitelist discussion  several days ago and recently noticed that you added (thatsqingdao.com) to the global blacklist. It does seem that (thatsqingdao.com) actually does provide current encyclopedic information on attractions, festivals, & local events. Can this be left on the local black list instead? Or better yet, completely removed? ~thanks for your consideration. LizGodfry 09:20, 18 May 2008 (UTC)
Podiatry Worldwide Directory Homepage
My name is Pierre,
I made a neutral - non profit - scientifical - institutional website.
www.podiatryworldwide.com Global Podiatry Worldwide Directory
I made this websites in way to make what was missing on internet in podiatry speciality.
(In way to develop knowledge, this website simply try to rationnaly index, organize and reference all of the major scientifical Internet sites relating to podiatry by continent, country and specialty. Its intent is to develop contacts and links, to exchange information and to organize and standardize knowledge between all of the countries professionals of the world in this era of globalization)
I tried to begin to make external links through wikipedia by means of about 15 keywords in many languages relating to podiatry such as podiatry, orthapedic, foot ... but i was black listed.
I would like to know what would be possible to do. I would like to know what is acceptable or not. I would like to know what i can do to go on index on wikipedia.
Because if i dont do this on wikipedia, i ask myself where else i can do that but on wikipedia.
220.127.116.11 23:51, 4 June 2008 (UTC)
You'll see it no doubt
Link with www.kamasyworkamanda.info
I have noticed that all links with www.kamasyworkamanda.info have been removed on pages devoted to Mr. Kamanda in different languages (even in French!). This is actually the most complete site on this author and his work, and it is devoted to students, professors and researchers, not at all for a commercial purposes. Why?
- I reverted cross-wiki link additions because of this bot report - it seems a single user was inappropriately adding that link to many Wikipedias. Pushing a single link is not appropriate regardless of whether the link is commercial - it is the behaviour here that is of concern. – Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 00:56, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
Hi Mike.lifeguard, OK, I understand now. I did not know that putting the same link in different pages was not appropriate. I was just considering the usefulness of the link regarding Kamanda's work and the goal of giving as much information as possible to the readers. Could the link be put back at least in the French page, considering it's a French speaking author? The other links give far more uncomplete information on the topic. CM—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Christiane.melancon (talk • contribs) 13:34, 26 June 2008.
- I would say it is an appropriate link for frwiki, yes. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 20:13, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
How can I put the link back then? I have tried, but it doesn't work. – Christiane.melancon 14:13, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
I refactored the sig you left on my talk page to not use deprecated html elements (<font>) or invalid color names (Indigo).
- '''– [[User:Mike.lifeguard|<b style="color:#309;">Mike</b>]].[[User talk:Mike.lifeguard|<b style="color:#309;">lifeguard</b>]]''' | <sup>[[b:User talk:Mike.lifeguard|<span style="color:#309;">@en.wb</span>]]</sup>
The point of my former sig was to demonstrate what is possible without going for the gaudy-look that is so common. As I see it, the use of colors, borders and backgrounds all violate the notion of 'undue prominence' and should be barred; I would support dropping all sig customizations. Bad code is another concern. Someday, the font-element and invalid color names will not be supported by user agents, especially in the context of 'strict' doc-types. Ever look at wp on a handphone? MediaWiki currently serves pages using the 'XHTML 1.0 Transitional' doc-type. When it is deemed that this should change, all the bad markup will have to go. This won't be some bot making a million edits, it will be a transform run on the entire database to change all the past revisions so that they are still displayable. Cheers, Jack Merridew 07:47, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
Watching pages in bundles
Hi, I just saw your wish to be able to watch pages in bundles. I wanted the same ability on nlwikibooks and wrote tools:~erwin85/subpages.php to get all subpages of a page. If the English wikibooks also uses titles like Book, Book/Part of book etc. you can use it to add the entire book to your raw watchlist. --Erwin(85) 18:01, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
Hi Mike I have no idea how the heck to do this and I don't know exactly what I am doing. Hahahahaha. I was told to come here to try to get deleted so I can get a rename from Mr.Rooster to AikiRooster. Can you please help? Don't send me to the link to where it takes me to do cover page for doing so becuase I've been there and still have no idea what the hell to do. So, if you can either fix this for me or make sure the powers that be see it so they can make the change that would be great and appreciated.
- I fixed your request there, and a steward will process it in due time. Usually they are quick - shouldn't ever take more than a day. You will want to check the page in perhaps 24h to see what happened. Once the account is deleted, you may be renamed at English Wikipedia, then you may reunify your accounts. — Mike.lifeguard | @en.wb 02:49, 26 June 2008 (UTC)