Hello! I wanted to let you know that I've prepared a good portion of the grant over at Grants:IEG/Reimagining WP Mentorship, but I'd really appreciate your review and input as soon as it is convenient for you! Feel free to just make changes, especially in regards to budgeting (unsure of prospective values), additions, and changes in wording. Thanks! --Jackson Peebles (talk) 02:51, 18 September 2013 (UTC)
- Sorry for the delay in replying, I am not on Meta so much. Looks good to me, but we appear to have hit a dead end... Thanks, Matty.007 (talk) 19:48, 16 October 2013 (UTC)
- Hi there. I received your talk page message but no email. Where did you send it? Steven Zhang (talk) 20:53, 3 February 2014 (UTC)
- Hi Steven Zhang. I sent the email to your WM Australia address. Regardless, it's good that we've gotten into contact with each other. I'll paste the content of my email below:
- I'd like to jump-start the Reimagining Mentorship on Wikipedia proposal. I think that the best way for us to do that is to have a quick discussion.
- I recently talked to Matty.007 on IRC. Sadly, he's unable to do a voice chat, so I think that getting us three on IRC is probably our best bet. Steven, would you be willing/able to get online to meet with us?
- Both Matty.007 and I are generally available around 1900 UTC on weekdays.
- In the meantime, you can find me as "halfak" in #wikimedia-research on freenode.net between 1400 and 2300 UTC.
Upcoming IdeaLab Events: IEG Proposal ClinicsEdit
Barnstar and a request for feedbackEdit
|Thank you for commenting on Individual Engagement Grant proposals during this recent round! We really appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts.
To help us improve the IEG program for future participants, would you mind taking this quick 3-question survey?
Thanks again for your help,
Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decitionsEdit
The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.
If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on change.org.