And I got it all the time in the past few days that "HTTP error:
- It seems that www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov is not accessible from Toolforge:
$ hostname tools-sgebastion-08 $ nslookup www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov ;; Got SERVFAIL reply from 22.214.171.124, trying next server Server: 126.96.36.199 Address: 188.8.131.52#53 ** server can't find www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov: SERVFAIL
- The same command works fine on my PC. My guess is that the issue resides in the Toolforge's DNS or is a configuration problem on www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. In either case I don't think there is much that I can do to resolve it.
- P.S: Also tried Citoid. It fails with "We couldn't make a citation for you" error.
- Dalba 09:22, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
More citer bugsEdit
Mostly citer has been pretty reliable. However, I thought I'd let you know of a few more DOIs that citer returns only an error. The same DOIs work on DOI Wikipedia Reference Generator, so I think we can conclude that these are citer bugs and not crossref problems.
dead-url -> url statusEdit
Hi, thanks for the great tool, I love how it expands archive.org URLs (any chance for archive.is?); I just wanted to alert you that 'dead-url=yes' parameter has changed to 'url-status=dead'. Quuux (talk) 07:19, 19 September 2019 (UTC)
huffington post links like this one https://www.huffpost.com/entry/france-bans-spanking-kids-with-new-law_n_5873ccc1e4b02b5f858a39ff return a generic title with no authors etc. eg ref name="HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media" cite web | title=HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media | website=HuffPost is now a part of Verizon Media | url=https://www.huffpost.com/entry/france-bans-spanking-kids-with-new-law_n_5873ccc1e4b02b5f858a39ff | access-date=Feb 2, 2020 . I don't know if it's fixable on your end or the websites fault. Hydromania (talk) 05:17, 2 February 2020 (UTC)
- Hi Hydromania, unfortunately I don't think I can fix this in a general way. The website requires Citer to accept a data agreement, but obviously Citer is not smart enough to do that. What Citer actually receives is a page with the following text:
- Your data, your experience
- Click 'Learn More' to learn and customise how Verizon Media and our partners collect and use data.
- [I agree] [Learn more]
- Dalba 10:29, 3 February 2020 (UTC)