Mark D Worthen PsyD is a clinical-forensic psychologist. You can review Mark's curriculum vitae on his website.
Mark's professional interests include:
- forensic mental health evaluations (Compensation & Pension exams) of U.S. Veterans who have filed a claim for disability compensation with the Veterans Benefits Administration. My interest includes training, education, research, and quality assurance mechanisms regarding these evaluations.
- public policy regarding the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs disability compensation program for Veterans who file claims for PTSD and other mental disorders
- public policy regarding the quality and accesibility of mental health treatment for Veterans and their families
- assessment and treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- psychotherapy with male survivors of sexual abuse
- psychotherapy and psychological assessment with LGBT persons
- alternative approaches to helping people with alcohol and other drug problems, e.g., harm reduction, motivational interviewing
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Mark is the proud father of three awesome kids, who are the most important aspect of his life. Mark consults Wikipedia frequently and his kids often use it as a primary reference source--which their Daddy supports despite dire warnings from teachers that "it's not a real encyclopedia!"