|Anonymität im Internet ist eine Illusion.|
Janwo = Dr. Jan Wohlgemuth
You can call me Jan, JanWo, or Doctor Wo; my preferred pronoun set: he/him/his.
Out of principle I do not have sock puppet accounts and I generally never make anonymous edits.
My Wiki historyEdit
I registered at :de:wp on 8 December 2005. Prior to that, I always refused invitations to contribute by friends and colleagues, saying that I wouldn't want to be part of something so untrustworthy. But then my mentor convinced me to co-teach a seminar involving MediaWiki Software. This led to the creation of Linguipedia, in which I held bureaucrat status. I am still editor-in-chief and administrator of its successor project Glottopedia. For a few years, I also ran the Wiki for a German online community (wiki.Jappy.com).
I am mostly active on Meta and on de:wp, id:wp and en:wp. Since September 2020, I am a member of the Language Committee.
Some shameless advertizing:
|Users by language|
More about meEdit
- Basic facts in triplets
- Born 1974 in Bavaria, grew up in Westphalia, 8 years in Saxony
- computer addict since 1984, internet addict since 1995, administrating and moderating stuff since 1997
- MA in linguistics 2002, PhD in linguistics 2008, not entirely given up the dream of becoming a professor
- currently based in Depok, West Java, Indonesia
- father, husband, dog owner
- caffeine addict, chocoholic, st(r)uck with ADHD
- glottonaut, photographer, model railway operator
- ex frequent traveler, ex reserve soldier, ex journalist
- zazen practitioner, chadō apprentice, karatedō novice (7th Kyū)
- Stuff on the web