User:JMitchell (WMF)/Sandbox/Events Archive/2014
Projects, events, and online impact. In the last year, we have seen over 30 project & event grants come to completion spending about $350,000. The discussion went around the combined outcomes of these initiatives, as well as some recommendations around program planning and funding decisions for this next fiscal year. Watch the video online. Revisit the presentation.
- 2014-07-16 Beyond Wikimetrics: Using databases and APIs for research (Virtual Meet-up) This presentation is the first of 3. It provides a general overview of how to collect and use data about edits, pages, categories, and more through the Wikimedia API and the w:MySQL databases available on Wikimedia Labs. During the series, attendees will learn how to get access to these resources, and will be provided with some examples of research activities that these resources can support. A follow-on series of MySQL tutorial sessions is planned for August and September. View the video. Read the presentation.
- 2014-06-18 Virtual Meet-up: Annual Plan Grants. Results of Year 1 The FDC process has now been in place for two years, and we are at a point of reflection on the outcomes of the ~$11M in investments. Jessie Wild Sneller goes through the first round of Impact Reports that have come in through the Annual Plan Grants programs: the reports from groups funded in Round 1, FY2012-13. View the video. Read the presentation.
- 2014-06-12 Virtual Meet-up: Survey tools and program leader experiences piloting survey strategies Jaime Anstee, Ph.D. and the program evaluation team facilitate a brief survey tools overview and resources and sharing of program leader experiences piloting survey strategies. The program evaluation and design team is joined by Daria Cybulska (WMUK) and James Hare (WMDC) who share their recent experiences piloting survey tools for their program evaluation. Watch the video of the virtual meet-up. View the resource overview slides and linksView Daria's presentation slides and links.
- Program Evaluation and Design workshops at WikiConference USA:
- 2014-05-31 Program Evaluation and Design workshop. We looked into the core points for program tracking and reporting and explored related resources, as well as overview the functionality of, and explore using, Wikimetrics.
- 2014-06-1 IdeaLab workshop. Grantmaking team members facilitated an interactive session working together to learn how to use the IdeaLab to write-up new ideas for projects and turn them into project plans or grant proposals.
- 2014-04-13 Wikimedia Conference sessions: A presentation and conversation session: How to measure blood, sweat, and tears? (session documentation) and a demonstration session on evaluation data and tracking tools. An Overview of tracking and reporting points and Wikimetrics. (session documentation).
- 2014-04-10 In-person workshop: WikiCon2014 Open Thursday sessions on Program evaluation and design. Two two-hour Open Thursday workshop sessions. One on survey design (view presentation or the expanded Designing Effective Questions learning module) and a brainstorm session on metrics (view the notes).
- 2014-04-09 In-person workshop: WikiCon2014 pre-conference full-day workshop on Program evaluation and design. A full-day workshop including presentations on Stages and Types of Evaluation, Theory of Change, Data Sources, Wikimetrics (Brief overview, and Information and resource page), and Qualtrics (Information and resource page). View the notes.
- 2014-03-20 Evaluation reports (Round II) Virtual meet-up Watch the recording or review the presentation slides.
- 2014-03-04 Setting goals and targets: A SMART Process Virtual Meet-up Watch the recording or review the presentation slides.
2014-02-25 Telling the story of your annual plan.(CANCELED —made a written Q&A focused on Annual Plan Grants).
- 2014-02-19 How to be a Star IEG Grantee Virtual Meet-up; see the full impact assessment.
- 2014-02-13 Program tracking and reporting tool kit Virtual Meet-up Watch the recording or review the toolkit page directly.
- 2014-01-16 Evaluation Report Virtual Meet-up Watch the recording or review the presentation slides.
- 2013-12-17 Learning pattern hackathon.
- 2013-12-06 December GLAMout with Sarah Stierch talking about the latest reporting regarding edit-a-thons and workshops.
- 2013-11-14 Learning patterns tutorial and hackathon with User:Jmorgan_(WMF) and User:Jwild.
- 2013-10-07 Open office hours on #wikimedia-pedconnect with Jaime and Sarah to provide data collection survey support.
- 2013-10-02 Latest Program Evaluation and Design updates Virtual meet-up with Jaime Anstee, Sarah Stierch.
- 2013-07-26 with Frank Schulenburg, Jaime Anstee, Sarah Stierch on Program evaluation and design.