I'm Diego Sáez Trumper. I joined the Wikimedia Foundation in August 2017 as part of the Research team. I'm from Chile, currently based in Barcelona.
My background is on Social Networks Analysis, Graph Theory and applied Machine Learning. At the WMF my work focuses on using data science tools to Improve Knowledge Integrity and fighting disinformation with Wikipedia.
- E-mail: diego at wikimedia.org
- On IRC, I go by "dsaez".
- On Twitter: e__migrante
Recent Work Edit
- Develop a ML-based service to predict reverts on Wikipedia
- Identifying Controversial Content in Wikidata
- Reference Quality in English Wikipedia
- Exploration on content propagation across Wikimedia projects
- Cross-lingual section alignments
Datasets & Tools Edit
- A prototype for Automatic Fact Checking in Wikipedia (Try it)
- A Large Scale Dataset for Content_Reliability on Wikipedia (Download)
- Tracking Knowledge Propagation Across Wikipedia Languages
- COVID-19 dataset
Science communication Edit
- At Korean AI Summit (Seoul, 2022): Wikipedia and Communities Centered Machine Learning (Slides, Video).
- At Creative Commons Webinar: Addressing Disinformation Campaigns, a Community Led Approach (Video)
- At Mozilla Festival (MosFest'22): The Science of Knowledge Integrity (Video - Slides)
- Disinformation and AI: The Differences Between Wikipedia and Social Media
- El Rol de Wikipedia en la Inteligencia Artificial (In Spanish) (Video)
Collaborations and Internships Edit
If you are a researcher that wants to collaborate with us, please check our Formal Collaborations Program, and send me an e-mail.
If you are a student that wants to do an internship with us, please send me an e-mail explaining your research interests.
If you want know about my current collaborations please go to this table.
Past work Edit
Check my previous WMF projects here.