I have over 16 years experience in the IT space in a variety of roles, including: network engineering, system administration, storage administration, High availability deployments, IT management. Currently I am passionate about open source projects and mobile technology. (Especially where the two meet: e.g. Android)
I am actively involved in the New York City user group community, in such that I cofounded the Puppet and OpenSolaris user groups, and am currently serving as an Officer in the New York Linux User Group (NYLUG), and am a member of many others.
- Work: http://www.brandorr.com
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/briangupta
- Google Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/brian.gupta
- A presentation I gave on Android: http://www.slideshare.net/natdefreitas/an-introduction-to-android http://nylug.org/blog/2009/02/17/meeting-feb-18-630-pm-brian-gupta-and-nathan-freitas-on-an-overview-of-the-android-mobile-platform/
- An FAQ I help maintain on Android: http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Android_FAQ (I believe this is the most comprehensive FAQ on Android to date.)
Articles where I have been quoted on AndroidEdit
Debian Developer ConferenceEdit
In addition, from 2008-2010 I was involved with planning for the New York City Debian Developer Conference. http://debconf10.debconf.org/ (I designed the original logo that inspired the final logo for the conference.) In addition my company is a sponsor of the Debian Developer Conference. I was also an early member of the team that put together the initial bid to have the conference in NYC in the late summer of 2008. In addition I have since helped organize additional conferences, starting with DebConf13.
- I started the new article on carputers: Carputers (Mostly because they are moving to mobile, and soon we will be seeing Android in more and more of them, which brings me to my next interest:
- Android Although I have strong editorial differences with some members of the team currently editing the Android page, and thusly am having my edits removed, I am aim to continue to contribute more to this page, and improve the general public's knowledge of Android.
- NYLUG I started this article because NYLUG had been around for over ten years, and it still didn't have a Wikipedia article. Interestingly, it was nominated for deletion, but the article (barely) survived. Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/NYLUG
- Monit I started this article because it is a fairly popular piece of software in the Ruby on Rails community.
|This user is a member of the Association of Inclusionist Wikipedians
This user, under the aegis of the AIW's motto Conservata veritate ("With the preserved truth") fights for improvement, freedom and preservation of Wikipedia, until no knowledge would be lost as a result.