Keeping it confidentialEdit
The access to nonpublic information policy and the confidentiality agreement broadly prohibit disclosure of PI. Absent one of the exceptions described in the following slides, PI that you access using special tools must be kept confidential and may not be disclosed to anyone.
- Start by reading and signing the confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information.
- In addition, be sure to review policies specific to the tools you use, such as the CheckUser tool or Suppression tool. A few of these specific policies will be discussed further in another section.
- Be careful to maintain the security of your account. Do not let others use your account. It is especially important for functionaries to use strong passwords. A helpful essay on personal security practices can be found here.
- If you violate the policy, for example by improperly accessing, using, or disclosing nonpublic PI by mistake, you must:
- Notify WMF immediately;
- At WMF’s request, delete any nonpublic PI in your possession.