Nearly all of the Toolserver pages on Meta-Wiki are out of date. Please visit the Toolserver wiki for slightly updated information.
This page is not updated any more and is becoming more and more outdated. Please refer to the new toolserver wiki on the toolserver for more recent information.
See also the Toolserver Confluence Maintenance log.
This is a log for news only. There is an log for root-exercise at Toolserver/MaintenanceLog.
- 2nd July 2007: The new database server, yarrow is launched and replication lag on the enwiki is decreasing slowly. No SQL accounts have yet been activated on the new server.
- Sep 23: / on hemlock is out of disk space. --Leon ¿! 19:09, 23 September 2006 (UTC)
- 8 Sep: The new SCSI card is at the colo (Kennisnet in Amsterdam), and we're waiting for someone to travel there to physically install it. (current plans are for it to be installed on Monday, Sept 11) --Interiot 12:36, 8 September 2006 (UTC)
- 14 July: DaB. fixed the only known enwiki replication data-corruption problem. However, enwiki replication remains off since it causes dewiki replication lag to rise. Enwiki replication will be turned back on once a new disk drive is installed on the toolserver. Enwiki data from ~June 7-10 remains corrupted, and that will be fixed at some point as well. --Interiot 13:06, 15 July 2006 (UTC)
- 26 June: The replag de: (and all others languages expect asia and en:) rise at the moment, because zwinger (a important server in the wikimedia-cluster) dies tonight and our ssh-tunnels to the databases had gone over it. --DaB. 16:26, 26 June 2006 (UTC)
- Was Fixed. --DaB.
- 24 June: A new view, user, is available for all databases; it contains the user_id, user_name and user_registration fields. robchurch | talk 19:30, 24 June 2006 (UTC)
- 22 June: The login-services zone is back up. robchurch | talk 19:49, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- 22 June: After some prompting from Mark, the colo have rebooted Zedler; it's back up and accepting connections. MySQL is going through self recovery now. robchurch | talk 15:17, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- 21 June: Zedler is down at present; it's not accepting SSH connections. We're unable to get to the ILOM, so we've asked for a reboot from the colo. robchurch | talk 10:58, 22 June 2006 (UTC)
- 12. June: Good news: en-playin is finish. Bad news: have still a problem in my syncprogramm with en:. Will try to fix it soon. --DaB. 12:15, 14 June 2006 (UTC)
- 11. June: Must restart the playin of wikipedia-en after the connection has broken, because mysql was crashed. --DaB. 21:56, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
- June: Begin with the new playin of wikipedia-en after drop the old broken database. --DaB. 21:56, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
- June: The scsi-card it probably broken and has to repair. --DaB. 21:56, 11 June 2006 (UTC)
- 26. May: We wait for correction of the new disc-array. When this is done, a new en:-dump will be play in the database. --DaB. 14:01, 26 May 2006 (UTC)
- 20. May: got some good feedback about the asian databases – I'll ask some other users if they see a corruption --Leon ¿! 07:40, 20 May 2006 (UTC)
- 11. May: asian-db replication started. Not sure if the same problem as in enwiki occurs yet. --Leon ¿! 11:27, 13 May 2006 (UTC)
- 30. April: Yesterday there was a little problems with the database-views and so querys for enwiki was wrong. --DaB. 15:49, 30 April 2006 (UTC)
- 21. April: Problems with duplicated entrys fix (I hope so). --DaB. 12:41, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- 20. April: Problems with replication for en:, because of duplicated entrys. --DaB. 12:41, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- 19. April: Replication for en: started for tests. --DaB. 12:41, 21 April 2006 (UTC)
- 17. April: Zedler has a second new root: DaB.. --DaB. 20:43, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- 17. April: Zedler has a new root: Gregory Maxwell. --DaB. 13:05, 17 April 2006 (UTC)
- 15. April: Tim Starling says, that en: will not drop on the master-db-server, until the en:-database was moved on zedler to en-old, or so. --DaB. 23:55, 14 April 2006 (UTC)
- 14. April: The replication of en: is currently broken, because of a moving of the en-master-database to another server. --DaB. 21:44, 14 April 2006 (UTC)