This page is kept for historical interest. Any policies mentioned may be obsolete. If you want to revive the topic, you can use the talk page or start a discussion on the community forum.
- Dear Friend,
- Welcome! This template shall keep you informed about how to use en:Devanagari Script's Marathi/Hindi/Nepali language fonts on internet.We are pleased that you have taken first step to understand the same.
|This page contains Indic text. Without rendering support you may see irregular vowel positioning and a lack of conjuncts. More...|
- mala marathi type kase karayche he have ahe ? or How to type using Marathi font? is one of the frequently asked question(FAQs) on Marathi Wikipedia.
- Already several Marathi users are making thousands of edits in Marathi Language here using different different Marathi Font facilities and many user-friendly advance facilities are freely available on internet.
- A detail technical help is provided in english language at Setup For Devanagari page.To read font help in Marathi Language go to article mr:संगणक टंक.
|Sr.No||Font Name and Link||Help||Remarks||User Friendliness Rank|
|1||mr:गमभन टंकलेखन सुविधा||free and open source, Marathi spellcheck support for firefox and libre office, Remastered Ubuntu version available with IME and spell check pre-installed||*****|
|2||Google IME गूगल टंकलेखन सुविधा||copy paste facility, does not work offline, free, browser based only||****|
|3||Baraha IME बराहा इनपुट मेथड||mr:बराहा मध्ये मराठी कसे टाइप करावे||works offline, needs license, not free nor open source||****|
|4||Pramukh IME प्रमुख इनपुट मेथड||light-weight, free, easy to install and use, only phonetic support included, no support for Inscript||*****|
|5||bhasha-india IME मायक्रोसॉफ्ट इनपुट मेथड||official and free input method by Microsoft, phonetic and Inscript both keyboards are supported||****|
If still not comfortable try direct typing a test Marathi Font at our sister projectMarathi Wiktionary; or look for more online options at युनिकोड मध्ये टंक डाउनलोड न करता ऑनलाईन लिहिणे
- Besides O.S. Window XP it self now supports devanagari fonts and the related help is provided at Setup For Devanagari.
- To read Marathi Unicode text on internet please just see on top of your computer screen's window you find a blue bar mentioning Microsoft Internet Explorer ,Below that is the second line Where in first menu is file, second is edit and third is view.Please select view menue their you find -Encoding- there you please select Unicode(UTF-8)
- Still find defficult then revert back at Help-forum for new users.If you are using online messanger, then which one ? keep us informed we can support a live chat help also,if needed.
- In en wikipedia you may want to reffer also en:Help:Multilingual support (Indic),en:Template:User interwiki infoboard mr
- Thanking you, With warm regards,Helpdesk Marathi Wikipedia ~~~~